Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely playing for his career.

Clear delist at this point.

That said, he played very well last week. That final goal where he beat his opponent with some physicality was great. Hopefully he can attack the last part of the year and win himself a contract extension.
Id feel very uneasy about delisting him, he's only 20 and we've really no idea where his ceiling is.
Hopefully he carries on the good form and put it to rest.

Id feel very uneasy about delisting him, he's only 20 and we've really no idea where his ceiling is.
Hopefully he carries on the good form and put it to rest.
Same. I feel generally like the pressure to churn is moving potentially good players out of the system before they’ve had enough of a chance.

Someone who’d know did tell me he was so shy and reserved it was near painful.

But that the last couple of months he was more comfortable at the club. Or words to that effect.
I can relate to that. It was only after I had my 6th significant pay increase in the space of 12 months that I came out of my shell at my workplace. It’s now gotten to the stage that whenever there’s a disagreement at work, I’ll make it very clear that I’m up here, and s/he is down there. I actually have a little box in my office that I stand on when conveying the message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see him continue in the VFL for the rest of the year (too small to tackle properly at this stage in AFL, was too small in VFL half the time), because apart from sticking tackles everything he did was great! Even attempted tackles and pressure was very high, he was just too small or maybe poor technique.

He is showing enough promise that I believe we clearly need to give him another 1-2 years and see what he can become with a bigger body. Particularly in a position where we just have nothing else.

Give him a game this week at Marvel? Still yet to see him under the indoor lights.
Not against it but he lacks intensity, massively. Much like Duursma, reckon both need a good run in the two's. Three weeks ago he looked done, credit to him and the coaches because he looks completely different to the bloke that was coasting a month ago. Hoping we sling him another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back