Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely!
Small forwards have been an area we've neglected for far too long. We have Curtis as the Lindsay Thomas type, who doesn't play as a traditional small.
Brought Payne in who hasn't had a pre-season yet, so can't really judge him. We'll most likely take River Stevens and another in the draft (maybe your man Cooper Alger).

Leaves one spot for Drury, Cooper and RHJ. Drury's work ethic will count in his favour, but probably has the fewest physical tools.
Pretty tight at the moment, all 3 have to make every post a winner of the last few weeks.
Wouldn’t even be surprised to hear if Phillips has been asked to drop some weight, become more mobile and start playing that role either.

I think y’all being a tough in the kid, I’m pretty happy with most of what he’s shown so far, another preseason and more match experience to build his confidence and I think by this time next year we’ll all be singing his praises. I do think he has something special about him we’ve only seen glimpses so far but it’ll come 👍
Oh ffs. He’s rubbish. Why do our fans do this with every player on our list. 😆

He’s scared of contact, can’t win a contested possession, doesn’t get the ball, he barely tries, doesn’t do anything notable, isn’t that fast, doesn’t have elevated goal sense..

He should be one of the first ones delisted at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Definitely!
Small forwards have been an area we've neglected for far too long. We have Curtis as the Lindsay Thomas type, who doesn't play as a traditional small.
Brought Payne in who hasn't had a pre-season yet, so can't really judge him. We'll most likely take River Stevens and another in the draft (maybe your man Cooper Alger).

Leaves one spot for Drury, Cooper and RHJ. Drury's work ethic will count in his favour, but probably has the fewest physical tools.
Pretty tight at the moment, all 3 have to make every post a winner of the last few weeks.
Jasper alger... I mistyped cooper as my trainee plays against him. But jaspers the man, been kicking bags since he won the wdjfl where he won league b and f,

Wouldn’t even be surprised to hear if Phillips has been asked to drop some weight, become more mobile and start playing that role either.

Phillips is not quick or zippy enough for a small fwd role imo.

He’s a “link player” I think - his strengths are likely vision and decision making.

I've said this before but this kid will make it.

Has a bit of LT about him.

Yeah I hope we keep playing him, he has good game sense, pace and neat skills. But I'm sure the majority of sensible types see that he's half in and half out of many contests, paces himself to the speed of the current play.

Once he has the confidence I'm positive he'll but the foot down and become a dangerous type for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quieter in the 2nd half but very lively in the first, like it or not he is the only think we have even close to a small creative forward and his highlight on the day was saving a certain goal!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back