Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

watching the replay, kept an eye on RHJ. He mightn't have touched it much, but his chase from behind to apply pressure on the ball carrier was noticeable, together with a nice goal. I don't get the 'Phoenix Mk II' vibe; I don't remember Spicer as a good set shot, nor much chasing

I'll be disappointed if RHJ doesn't play again this week

Not sure he makes it. But you can see why they used an MSD pick on him. He shows glimpses.

I'm not sure we have a space on the list next year, but I'd love to keep him for one more.
Like spicer and narrier we keep trying to find quality smalls with late picks and msd picks. Might be time to spend some decent collateral on a small forward. The idea was right with mahony but the execution wasnt great.

Like spicer and narrier we keep trying to find quality smalls with late picks and msd picks. Might be time to spend some decent collateral on a small forward. The idea was right with mahony but the execution wasnt great.
This.

Still would like to see RHJ given some more opportunity, I can’t explain it but I see something there.
I know many don’t and that’s fine.

This.

Still would like to see RHJ given some more opportunity, I can’t explain it but I see something there.
I know many don’t and that’s fine.
Felt like he was nearly there in spots today. Whilst he slow to get the ball to foot, the front & square spot he got was perfect. Even the chain when he kicked to Larkey & the kick fell short, Larkey should have been coming at him. I see something too where others can’t. I imagine the difference of his confidence levels would be chalk & cheese with this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady and co will nail a small forward one day. Our failure to have one for a decade is surely cause for someone to be moved on.
It seems every other team has at least two and sometimes three.

It’s absolute madness the way the game is these days.

I don’t mind RHJ but I’ve barely seen him win a ground ball inside 50 which needs to be his bread and butter.

I was all for him changing the mix of our forward line. But he is not creating the dynamic we need. He hangs back, doesn’t apply enough pressure, so Duursma is a better option.
Hard to argue otherwise, i think we go in to tall and not dynamic enough personally and playing both zurhaar and curtis contributes to that., but whats the point with bobby whan a full game gets you a handfull of meaningless touches where zane runs ar a goal every 8 odd touches. Forwards gotta kick goals primarily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back