Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Probobly the best small fwd we have by virtue of being the only small forward we have. Of course that makes him the worst small forward we have simultaneously.
Amazing list management when we have a D Grade small forward as the only small forward on our list.

Is the club serious????

watching the replay, kept an eye on RHJ. He mightn't have touched it much, but his chase from behind to apply pressure on the ball carrier was noticeable, together with a nice goal. I don't get the 'Phoenix Mk II' vibe; I don't remember Spicer as a good set shot, nor much chasing

I'll be disappointed if RHJ doesn't play again this week
You were probably disappointed he played - the rest of us certainly were!

My issue is he’s getting the 6th defender and still looks a yard or two off the pace.
He’s a long way off it.
If the club persists he’s just gotta show more signs and want to make it happen for himself.

Mate JS has been tried just about every position on the field bar ruck….. RHJ just as a small forward.
That was precisely my point. Only position going fwd for sleevo is somewhere near upper furntree gully.

Bobby is still the best small forward on our list. And thats a bigger inditement on brady than bobby. But he is better than spicer and narrier were, i guess we are betting better with our small forward recruiting, all be it ever so slightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was precisely my point. Only position going fwd for sleevo is somewhere near upper furntree gully.

Bobby is still the best small forward on our list. And thats a bigger inditement on brady than bobby. But he is better than spicer and narrier were, i guess we are betting better with our small forward recruiting, all be it ever so slightly.

What about Geordie Payne? Wasn’t he recruited as a small forward?

Love to know what they're telling this guy to do in AFL games. Feels like he's a touch overwhelmed and getting lost working up the ground. I know it's not the modern game but I wouldn't be against him being given the simple task of plonking himself permanently next to one of Chom / Larkey when we're in possession and told his job 100% the rest of the time it to pressure within 75m of our goal.

Love to know what they're telling this guy to do in AFL games. Feels like he's a touch overwhelmed and getting lost working up the ground. I know it's not the modern game but I wouldn't be against him being given the simple task of plonking himself permanently next to one of Chom / Larkey when we're in possession and told his job 100% the rest of the time it to pressure within 75m of our goal.
There was one passage of play (In the second iirc) where he got the ball on the backline and had three possessions in the chain to get into the forward line. It was Kossie Mahony Kossie like.

He needs to put on some weight tho. Kossie is about twice his size and they're probably a similar height.

There was one passage of play (In the second iirc) where he got the ball on the backline and had three possessions in the chain to get into the forward line. It was Kossie Mahony Kossie like.

He needs to put on some weight tho. Kossie is about twice his size and they're probably a similar height.
Might be the play I was thinking of ferbs. Did a double take seeing him fairly intuitively have multiple involvements.

Between him Cooper and Drury for one list spot most likely. Hard to say who's in front at the moment, but Bobby is the only one who has genuine speed.
Yeah its a tough one. Feel like Cooper or Drury might have more impact on the game and get involved more.
Bobby showed some glimpses and maybe the age has to be taken into account but he's not lightning quick.
What's his elite attribute? Needs to bring more intensity, he's playing at VFL tempo which happens

I could see two of RHJ/Cooper/Drury gone if they want River Stevens and another small forward in this draft.
The problem is there's a bunch of small forwards in the draft that just look better to the eye, whether it's likely 1st rounders like Kako or Berry or 2nd/3rd round options like Day-Wicks, Alger, Dattoli, Champion, Bradley, Depaoli-Kubank.
How many we want to take in the draft and what happens with the extra rookies spots from the AFL might be the decisive thing on how many out of RHJ/Drury/Cooper stay on the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back