Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

You're really starting to see the jockeying for positions, as livelier, more youthful Democratic Presidential candidates than Biden free themselves up to replace him on the ticket.

Kamala is now favourite in the bettimg to be the Democratic candidate, Biden out the door at $14 on the exchange.
Prediction: Biden will pull out in 4 days, Democrats have no other choice but to pick Kamala or suffer a black voter backlash.
Could she stay on as VP to mitigate that backlash a touch? I'm not really sure how these things work.

A small win for Joe, he has got Ukraine and Gaza off the front page so to speak.
Gaza conflict was biting democrats hard.
Bibi is coming to America to demand more weapons.

Joe will say that he spoke harshly to Bibi, but he's giving him everything he wants.

He's being treated like a lame-duck ineffectual President by the President of a country which is completely reliant on US support. It makes him look very weak.

Can you imagine if the President of PNG came to Australia demanding all sorts of things and getting everything he wants?

Biden can't afford to lose the money of the AIPAC lobby, or the support of the people who oppose the war.

(That being said, $13 is ridiculous, that can't be real?)

With Harris being from California should rule Newsom out as her running mate

Typically parties like to find people in locations they are weakest in

It could be someone from Chicago to New York - I cant see any midwest names that jump out
I missed Gretchen Whitmer Governor of Michigan for 5 years - Joe needs Michigan back with 15 Electoral votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could she stay on as VP to mitigate that backlash a touch? I'm not really sure how these things work.
I read an article the other day floating Whitmer/Warnock, which is now probably my favoured pairing for electability.

I'd also like (from a more progressive sense):

Whitmer/Jon Stewart
Whitmer/Khanna
Whitmer/AOC

Moore, Beshear are other options that would be energetic or help in swing states. Harris as VP again for Whitmer, Moore, Beshear etc would be ok, but not sure I'd go as president. If there was someone who could go on the attack like Stewart as VP maybe it would offset.

I read an article the other day floating Whitmer/Warnock, which is now probably my favoured pairing for electability.

I'd also like (from a more progressive sense):

Whitmer/Jon Stewart
Whitmer/Khanna
Whitmer/AOC

Moore, Beshear are other options that would be energetic or help in swing states. Harris as VP again for Whitmer, Moore, Beshear etc would be ok, but not sure I'd go as president. If there was someone who could go on the attack like Stewart as VP maybe.
I personally dont mind any of these but I am not sure America is ready for a double female leadership group

Don't they lose access to all fundraising money if it's not Biden or Harris leading the ticket ?

Which puts them in a tough position as I think Kamala likely loses to Trump, but more competitively than Biden.

Give up the billions raised for a stronger candidate
vs
Keep all money raised, but run Kamala

Don't think Biden and Harris are considered a joint ticket until the convention. So if Biden dropped out it wouldn't go to Harris. Biden might be able to put it into a PAC fund for general campaigning, but they may also be obliged to offer a refund.

Might also see some big ad buys which tout Dems more generally in the lead up to any withdrawal. Might be a point where if funds are committed, it's done.

Jon Ossoff, Senator from Georgia is another young Dem who is worth considering in any VP analysis. If they went with Harris, he's worth thinking about. Doubt he holds Georgia for them, but would help with younger voters, progressive enough to offset Harris.

Jon Ossoff, Senator from Georgia is another young Dem who is worth considering in any VP analysis. If they went with Harris, he's worth thinking about. Doubt he holds Georgia for them, but would help with younger voters, progressive enough to offset Harris.
Warnock would be a good one too I think (another Georgia senator)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back