Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol she hugged him and he didn't hug back and immediately looked over her. He didn't hug her.
Surprised he didn't yell ' Get it off me'.

This is really bad 'proof'.
So you agree he hugged her - thats a start

I mean your video showed no hug so its progress

Also why does the undoctored video show why she was visibly upset?

Was it that he didn't hug back?

I agree the first video shows he ignored her but it looks like she hugged him and he didn't reciprocate.

Are we saying her look of obvious disappointment is also fake.

Honestly can't tell anymore.

I agree the first video shows he ignored her but it looks like she hugged him and he didn't reciprocate.

You’re not making this any better

You’re not making this any better

You mean for Biden?
I'm sorry.

Why was she upset then? Was that also doctored?

Show me a full up cut video from the whole line. I think the video shown as 'undoctored' is even worse. He didn't hug her back and really didn't want anything to do with her. Even though she was the only one with a Biden/Harris sign

Luckily there's nothing it in though so Joe magically turns up at a black church today. Something he only does during the election cycle or the death of a prominent black man.

I'll await the full video before making further comment. Maybe he stood on her toe

I'll await the full video before making further comment.
And this is the kind of idiocy we are presented and you wonder why you get pushback

But you felt it ok to make comment on a doctored video anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this is the kind of idiocy we are presented and you wonder why you get pushback

Stokey, in essence that's the problem: you linked the initial video uncritically, and when it was shown to not be the full story your reaction makes it seem that you don't particularly care what the full story is until it might be in Biden's favour.

Lol. There are many instances of you falling for doctored videos. Now one instance you get all high and mighty.

Want to explain why your 'non doctored video' stopped after the hug and didn't show the full video with the lady being upset.

At least I acknowledge there was a hug and understand both videos have been doctored to show the context each side wants us to see.

Stokey, in essence that's the problem: you linked the initial video uncritically, and when it was shown to not be the full story your reaction makes it seem that you don't particularly care what the full story is until it might be in Biden's favour.
So untrue. I acknowledge that the video I posted was doctored to miss the hug. I'm also not convinced the second video shows Biden in a better light plus it also stops to not show why the lady was visibly upset.

At least I can see we are most likely both being played.

I'll await the full video which will undoubtedly be uncovered that shows the whole exchange.

So untrue. I acknowledge that the video I posted was doctored to miss the hug. I'm also not convinced the second video shows Biden in a better light plus it also stops to not show why the lady was visibly upset.

At least I can see we are most likely both being played.

I'll await the full video which will undoubtedly be uncovered that shows the whole exchange.
But that's the thing: this is your stance... now.

You linked the initial vid. You could've thought, "Hey, this looks as though there might be more to the story here, I might have a dig and see whatever else I can find!"

But you didn't. You uncritically without posting any caveats shared the edited footage.

If you cared about the truth of it, you'd have looked for it. You'd have provided commentary along the lines of, "Take it with a grain of salt, but this looks pretty poor from Biden." You know how often footage is edited online to make politicians seem worse or in any particular way. This is not a long journey to take.

Only when called on it - when the fact that the footage is shown to have been selectively edited - do you retract back to a neutral position. Only then do you suddenly become a sceptic.

That's how misinformation spreads, Stokey. That's how it works. It plays on your unconscious biases, gets you sharing something you want to be true uncritically. No-one - not even you or me - is immune to propaganda.

But that's the thing: this is your stance... now.

You linked the initial vid. You could've thought, "Hey, this looks as though there might be more to the story here, I might have a dig and see whatever else I can find!"

But you didn't. You uncritically without posting any caveats shared the edited footage.

If you cared about the truth of it, you'd have looked for it. You'd have provided commentary along the lines of, "Take it with a grain of salt, but this looks pretty poor from Biden." You know how often footage is edited online to make politicians seem worse or in any particular way. This is not a long journey to take.

Only when called on it - when the fact that the footage is shown to have been selectively edited - do you retract back to a neutral position. Only then do you suddenly become a sceptic.

That's how misinformation spreads, Stokey. That's how it works. It plays on your unconscious biases, gets you sharing something you want to be true uncritically. No-one - not even you or me - is immune to propaganda.
Then why are you just calling me out in an obviously threatening manner. There has been numerous examples of this happening regarding Trump as well. Charlottevilke is a prime example. Plus that story about Trump grabbing the wheel off an SS guy shouting 'Take me to the Capitol'. I don't remember the people that posted or keep posting about these things getting reprimanded.

Misinformation isn't just posting an untruth, it's also not saying or doing anything when you know someone is untrue.

Who the hell knows or cares, maybe Joe shat himself.

You can clearly see his right hand on her shoulder before its obscured by him leaning in slightly on the 2nd angle. If he lent in properly for a big cuddle the nutcases you follow on twitter would be yelling about how he's sniffing her hair or some over perv factor, and you'd be swallowing and re-posting that narrative instead ¯\(ツ)

After the 2 weeks Joe has just had, imagine trying to score some points off stuff like this instead. Like I said, deranged :drunk:

Then why are you just calling me out in an obviously threatening manner.
You know me, Stokey. You know that, were I going to infract you, I'd just have done it.

This isn't a threat, because this is an excellent demonstration of how misinformation spreads.
There has been numerous examples of this happening regarding Trump as well. Charlottevilke is a prime example. Plus that story about Trump grabbing the wheel off an SS guy shouting 'Take me to the Capitol'. I don't remember the people that posted or keep posting about these things getting reprimanded.
I wasn't a mod here during Charlottesville, and you're not being reprimanded.
Misinformation isn't just posting an untruth, it's also not saying or doing anything when you know someone is untrue.
... not calling out untruth as misinformation?

I think this is an interesting idea, but it's more a thought exercise than how misinformation actually works.

I might start a thread. It's an idea worth exploring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 46th President of the United States: Joe Biden 2: Incidit in scyllam cupiens vitare charybdim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back