Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Could he end up a bit like Jack Crisp, and play a bit of time in midfield. His skillset would compliment guys like Taranto, Hopper and Ross

Could he end up a bit like Jack Crisp, and play a bit of time in midfield. His skillset would compliment guys like Taranto, Hopper and Ross
Not sure anyone can answer that. We’ve seen nothing of him.

Like a new draft pick is Kaleb, hopefully has a full pre season. Saw on his story a few days ago that he was looking in tip top shape so hopefully is past the injury problems of this year.
I'm quite excited by the upside with this kid. Could be a gem

Getting on board the Kaleb Smith train early on. This kid is another beauty that we managed to get in the middle of the draft, who will impress fans when he finally gets his chance with his clean ball use, ability to defend & counter attack. May need to bide his time though as our small/medium defenders are in pretty good form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting on board the Kaleb Smith train early on. This kid is another beauty that we managed to get in the middle of the draft, who will impress fans when he finally gets his chance with his clean ball use, ability to defend & counter attack. May need to bide his time though as our small/medium defenders are in pretty good form.

And the best news if this kids makes the grade? We got him with one of the later picks we got back (and Steely) as part of the Hopper trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And the best news if this kids makes the grade? We got him with one of the later picks we got back (and Steely) as part of the Hopper trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I like to make myself feel good

We never traded our 1st rounder in 2023 and selected this gun Seth Campbell
Hopper was a pick #38

Smith has all the tools, pace, covers the ground easily, kicking, brave, composure and a nice solid build. I reckon he'll debut sooner than later. Looks a wingman to me.
I like it, lock him on a wing now in the VFL, we need another wingman coming through.

Smith has all the tools, pace, covers the ground easily, kicking, brave, composure and a nice solid build. I reckon he'll debut sooner than later. Looks a wingman to me.
And apparently a great attitude to go with all that, Morris has mentioned he’s a great listener and works hard on deficiencies.
Reckon we’ll see him this year but I think wing would be really tough role for a first year player to step into. maybe after a couple of preseasons under his belt.

We certainly need to identify a hard running option to eventually replace Kmac. I don’t think Banks or HRS will make it.

And apparently a great attitude to go with all that, Morris has mentioned he’s a great listener and works hard on deficiencies.
Reckon we’ll see him this year but I think wing would be really tough role for a first year player to step into. maybe after a couple of preseasons under his belt.

We certainly need to identify a hard running option to eventually replace Kmac. I don’t think Banks or HRS will make it.

Banks has a long way to go before declaring him deceased. You've got him, Ross, Jud Clarke, possibly Trezise all likely to be suited to playing wing depending what our game plan demands from our wingers. Campbell looks another likely candidate. I don't think our issues are in these areas like wings and flanks. We just need to locate a gun key forward and a gun inside mid with the ability to break away from traffic and do damage with the ball.

Banks has a long way to go before declaring him deceased. You've got him, Ross, Jud Clarke, possibly Trezise all likely to be suited to playing wing depending what our game plan demands from our wingers. Campbell looks another likely candidate. I don't think our issues are in these areas like wings and flanks. We just need to locate a gun key forward and a gun inside mid with the ability to break away from traffic and do damage with the ball.
Apart from the gun KPF we possibly have the mids you are talking about on the list

Break away from traffic and do damage with the ball : Bolton , McAuliffe , Campbell , Smith
yes apart from Bolton the rest are untried kids but they all have pace and footy smarts but just need 40-60 games experience

We will have another 5 new players coming into the club this year and in 2 years should be aiming for a KPF as a free agent

McAuliffe can be that midfielder having seen him at VFL level last week doing exactly that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back