Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not losing my shit but bloody disappointed that he gets 10min , cumbo and Pickett were rubbish . The plan should have been min a half

Combo played his role, most player went quiet in the second half! Pretty hard to play well when the ball isn’t going into our forward line. I was at the game last night and watched combo carefully, did he make some mistakes, yep, he also did a lot right. Saw players kick to two on one, when combo was free and calling for it, I agree with Pickett though, a bit of a rest will do him good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s with all the whinging? So the Smith family get the chance to go and watch Kaleb play on the big stage which has probably been his dream since a little boy.

Yes, they went a long way but I’m sure they had a good chance to make it a little longer stay and spend some time with him before and after the game.

End of the day I’m sure he will get a full game before the season is out and whatever is in the best interests of the footy club comes first over any player.

Pretty sure most of us were happy at half time with the teams performance, trust in Yze.
We play in Perth in a month, if his form warrants hopefully he'll be in the side for that game and his parents will get to enjoy him playing a full game.

I hate it, however, he didn't really play at all last week so they might think that it's better for his development to get a full game in the VFL and then maybe come back in the following week.

I really dont like this yzo character

First he sabotages Kalebs debut game and now he gives him no chance and boots him out of the side
He just shouldn't have debuted him at all. That would've been better than the red time skip around he got. He deserved a debut but no one deserves that absolutely cocktease. Should've just waited till a game he could guarantee him a proper run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why even debut him. With all our injuries and our season over any debutant should get two full games. Just shit man management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are not overdoing his training loads after foot stress fractures ruined his first season on the list. Played him last week because they just about had to. But they will be trying to keep any meaningful AFL level assignments to when his training loads are stronger.

Should have been given a run a month ago. With players coming back he is the logical one to go now, as was always going to happen. He'll be back at some stage, it's just part of being a young player, especially half backs as we have a few.
Yeah probably should of been played when Short was missing

Not even sure why we picked him last week tbh with two established running half backs established in the side right now (Short Rioli) and a few guys easily able to cover on gameday if one went down in Hugo

As far as changes go he was the easiest to remove this week because he wasn’t even really needed last week

Why even debut him. With all our injuries and our season over any debutant should get two full games. Just shit man management.
Probably should have just gonna with Coulthard or Steely as sub again, but I guess Coulthard didn't deserve it and they didn't want Steely to be sub again.

I'm still pretty angry about this. Even if he came on in the middle of the 3rd, like most substitutes, it would've been fine. But 5 ****ing minutes? What a joke.
I was fuming over it.

So much that I messaged the club, and they promptly got back to me.

I must say I was very surprised with their response. There was no defence of the decision rather they agreed that it was hard on the player and his family and it went on to state that “ it had left many supporters disappointed “.

Obviously they’ve copped a fair bit of negative feedback re this decision

I’m a long term member and it’s the first time I’ve felt p!ssed off enough to contact them

Have to say this was managed really poorly.

He gets 10 minutes on debut with his family flying down to Geelong from WA on a few days notice, then he's dropped immediately the week after.

If you think he's only ready for 10 minutes of football, don't play him yet!

Should have been reserved for a debut for a full game when we believe he's ready, or at the very minimum not dropped after coming on as sub for 10 minutes....

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back