Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

I was fuming over it.

So much that I messaged the club, and they promptly got back to me.

I must say I was very surprised with their response. There was no defence of the decision rather they agreed that it was hard on the player and his family and it went on to state that “ it had left many supporters disappointed “.

Obviously they’ve copped a fair bit of negative feedback re this decision

I’m a long term member and it’s the first time I’ve felt p!ssed off enough to contact them
Interesting especially with what happened to McAuliffe last night, I know it wasn't Kane's first game but it was a game in his own state.

Club has lost the plot here and deserves criticism. I was just as pissed off as a lot here as well.

The fact we go another week and he hasn’t been picked, I reckon his papers are stamped for beyond-2024.

Shame as I don’t reckon he was ever given a crack at it. Always seemed to be a solid contributor in the VFL but just hasn’t translated into AFL opportunity
Yep i can easily see him wanting to go back home sadly ,,,hard to believe we couldnt find a spot losing by 10g ea week

The fact we go another week and he hasn’t been picked, I reckon his papers are stamped for beyond-2024.

Shame as I don’t reckon he was ever given a crack at it. Always seemed to be a solid contributor in the VFL but just hasn’t translated into AFL opportunity
because we got the muppets as our team selectors.
criminal that Kaleb has not been given a block off games in a team at the bottom of the ladder.

Yep i can easily see him wanting to go back home sadly ,,,hard to believe we couldnt find a spot losing by 10g ea week
I think he goes back home via a delisting to be honest.

Always wondered how we had such an injury crisis and all he has managed was 10 mins of game time as a sub.

Yet his VFL form seemed to warrant a call up on multiple occasions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think his papers are stamped, I think he'll get another contract. With one of Baker and Rioli a fair chance to leave this year, there is a spot there for him.

He wasn't great in the VFL last week, Trezise was much better and there probably isn't room for both atm.

I don't think his papers are stamped, I think he'll get another contract. With one of Baker and Rioli a fair chance to leave this year, there is a spot there for him.

He wasn't great in the VFL last week, Trezise was much better and there probably isn't room for both atm.

Someone posted earlier on in the season Smith is not on a full training load due to missing the whole of last year with stress fractures in the foot. The club only played him at AFL level v Cats when they absolutely had to. I am sure the plan will be to step his training loads up for next year and try to get him right to play at AFL level.

He should have been in about round 4 because he has been our best all year. He will get a game soon, but maybe not as a half back. Will be interesting to see what position he plays this week after his good showing in the middle. Personally he looks a wingman to me. Pace to burn, very good long kick, tough, quite good in the air and never gets collared. Hope they play him in the middle again this week.

But yes he must be getting frustrated.

You’re probably right. I just look at him being the last player on the list that was fit (OHB excluded) and he was barely picked. It’s pretty telling I reckon

Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back