Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't agree that he shouldn't have been the sub, but stop being hypocritical.
We couldn't get bat an eyelid when we got obviously done players to milestones and we have guys like Pickett, who we think we have to get to 100 games to get access to father-son's even though he's been putrid for two years??
We have been gifting milestones and games a lot, but we refrained once?

Don't agree that he shouldn't have been the sub, but stop being hypocritical.
We couldn't get bat an eyelid when we got obviously done players to milestones and we have guys like Pickett, who we think we have to get to 100 games to get access to father-son's even though he's been putrid for two years??
We have been gifting milestones and games a lot, but we refrained once?
Read that three times and no idea what side of the argument youre on, impressive.

Maybe yze only gave him a game for his coffee skillz.
too many jumping the gun, only got a game because Bolton was out and we rested Prestie

ss he would have been told early in the week we're going to play you, a but we'll play you but as sub just to give you taste he came on and was a deer n the headlights.
itAINT U/16s

Took the kickout when he came on, was that prearranged nor did the players step up for the kid to get him some action. I'm hoping it was he that kicked a beautiful long ball out at the end, the commentators had no clue who was who in the end.

too many jumping the gun, only got a game because Bolton was out and we rested Prestie

ss he would have been told early in the week we're going to play you, a but we'll play you but as sub just to give you taste he came on and was a deer n the headlights.
itAINT U/16s
Not sure about “ deer in headlights “ , he looked to get involved, got caught once or twice, but what can you do in that short time? At least he tried to take it on.
I think we need to settle him into that small defender position, give him the opportunity to pick up the quicker pace of the game. I’m pretty confident he’s got the leg speed and contested game to be a player at AFL level.

And he’s not competing with Prestia or Bolton for a position. Imo he should be played in front of Short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith asks for a trade back to WA, what a disgrace that was, don't name debutants and then make them sit on the pine for 3 and a half quarters.
His parents must be devastated for their son.
LOL. If a bloke was so fragile to request a trade for debuting as sub we don't want them at the club anyway.

Kaleb would've been stoked to get on the field. He'll get his chance as a starter, probably on Thursday night.

Looking around, the club has been hammered on all social media accounts by fans after naming him the sub.

Good to see. Hopefully it forces them to change this policy going forward.

It’s not only RFC that plays debutants as a sub.

I get why, but I absolutely hate it and my hope would be that the AFL ban the practice.

Looking around, the club has been hammered on all social media accounts by fans after naming him the sub.

Good to see. Hopefully it forces them to change this policy going forward.
I don’t agree. If yze plays him next week which on history he will I don’t see the issue

LOL. If a bloke was so fragile to request a trade for debuting as sub we don't want them at the club anyway.

Kaleb would've been stoked to get on the field. He'll get his chance as a starter, probably on Thursday night.
I get that but it was a waste of ****ing time. Try telling me it wasn't. We got to watch a bunch of over the hill spuds turn it over and watch us lose anyway.

The most ironic thing is the club released footage of him calling his parents asking them to come over for a fake feel good story.

I get that but it was a waste of ****ing time. Try telling me it wasn't. We got to watch a bunch of over the hill spuds turn it over and watch us lose anyway.

The most ironic thing is the club released footage of him calling his parents asking them to come over for a fake feel good story.
Yeah, he should've come on earlier. But to suggest requesting a trade is laughable.

He was nearly on 10 minutes into the game, he was just unlucky.

Very lousy of Yze. It's crapping on his family who've dropped everything to fly over from Perth. 10 hours flying, hours at airport, hours in traffic to watch him play 10 minutes is disgraceful. No reason at minimum he couldn't have been brought on 10 mins to go 3rd quarter. Different story if his family's from Werribee. Plenty of underperformed players like Pickett, Graham could've been swapped out. Debut them on the ground or don't select them in future. Piss poor!!!!

10 hours? Did they connect to every Australian airport
It's possible it was ten hours

Perth Airport flights to resume after refuelling issue grounded planes, stranding thousands​

You guys are losers lmao.

He is a second year player who lost his entire first year to injury. His parents would be loving and respecting him to a love and respect most of you have never known. He has achieved his childhood goal and can now build from it.

You guys have lost it.

Parents got a free trip to Melbourne for the weekend to see their boy, in what world is that no a win regardless of playing a game of football. They will probably get another free trip when he makes his official debut.

What’s with all the whinging? So the Smith family get the chance to go and watch Kaleb play on the big stage which has probably been his dream since a little boy.

Yes, they went a long way but I’m sure they had a good chance to make it a little longer stay and spend some time with him before and after the game.

End of the day I’m sure he will get a full game before the season is out and whatever is in the best interests of the footy club comes first over any player.

Pretty sure most of us were happy at half time with the teams performance, trust in Yze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back