Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t we prefer 3x first rounders like Geelong have for Cameron? Build up again before Tasmania? No point getting McKay. Melbourne can’t kick.
Yes, I think if Trac is that determined we should be looking at that. Problem is no club has planned for this so it's going to be tough to see them getting it done at short notice.

This is a complete mess. I think Petracca's management should have told him to sit tight and they could spend the next year working something out. Most clubs aren't in a position to get a deal this big done at this late stage with picks/cap space being tied up.

Yes, I think if Trac is that determined we should be looking at that. Problem is no club has planned for this so it's going to be tough to see them getting it done at short notice.

This is a complete mess. I think Petracca's management should have told him to sit tight and they could spend the next year working something out. Most clubs aren't in a position to get a deal this big done at this late stage with picks/cap space being tied up.

Yep, same issue with Petty last year requiring a trade very late in the year. Club would accommodate it if they had ample time to prepare, a few weeks is nowhere near enough.

Yep, same issue with Petty last year requiring a trade very late in the year. Club would accommodate it if they had ample time to prepare, a few weeks is nowhere near enough.
Yeah if it had gotten brought up in June you wonder if we would have gone harder at someone like Chol.

no he’s been radio silent. That’s the point. He’s creating a narrative that he’s been hard done by and is too good to be at Melbourne. It’s just becoming weird now and his character should be questioned
Blaming Trac and not the club. You're very predictable my dear friend, CN.

Club can do no wrong. We're right where we want to be.

14th.

Another reason why the salary floor is so stupid. Imagine if North had the opportunity to offer Trac double what he's getting now. He'd forget about big crowds pretty quickly.

I’ve been fine with Trac having his moment up until it starts effecting the club as a whole. This is about Trac. It’s all about Trac and what’s best for Trac. It’s the Trac show. As I said it’s getting weird and by staying silent and letting the rumours do the talking he’s starting to come across as someone who always thought he was too good for the club. I hope I’m wrong and this is just a big misunderstanding of emotion

I’ve been fine with Trac having his moment up until it starts effecting the club as a whole. This is about Trac. It’s all about Trac and what’s best for Trac. It’s the Trac show. As I said it’s getting weird and by staying silent and letting the rumours do the talking he’s starting to come across as someone who always thought he was too good for the club. I hope I’m wrong and this is just a big misunderstanding of emotion
Yeah no apart from Trac the clubs been running fine for years, how dare he destabilize this juggernaut we call the MFC. I can't wait till we win our final next week to shove it up everyone

Yeah no apart from Trac the clubs been running fine for years, how dare he destabilize this juggernaut we call the MFC. I can't wait till we win our final next week to shove it up everyone
Yes he is deliberately destabilising to suit his agender or so it seems.

Yes I agree, we should all throw our support behind clarry, he's been 100% committed all the way unlike Trac
This has nothing to do with Clarry and important to keep on topic here. Tracs been awesome, arguably the best we’ve had but he’s trying to force the club into a corner and I hope we’re strong enough to a) get the trade that suits us or b) tell Trac how good he is but by the way you’re staying. This is another very good case study on how the club handles problematic players

I am somewhat torn on this. Part of me feels that he should act as the catalyst for change and show his leadership to help Melbourne through this tumultuous period, perhaps forcing his opinions at board level to where he sees as being problematic and needing rectifying.

Then I think, well, it could be too far gone. He is 29 next year, has 4 years left at his best after coming back from car crash type injuries (which may even cause some hesitancy) so needs to maximise his time. By the time Melbourne gets anywhere near contending again he will be 31 and past it.

It might be for the best that he goes and we load up on a rebuild. Seriously, if he does go then we should look to offload Oliver as well and just reset totally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has nothing to do with Clarry and important to keep on topic here. Tracs been awesome, arguably the best we’ve had but he’s trying to force the club into a corner and I hope we’re strong enough to a) get the trade that suits us or b) tell Trac how good he is but by the way you’re staying. This is another very good case study on how the club handles problematic players
Strategically though it might be better to let him go and reset totally.

Gawn - done in 12 months
May - see above
Melksham - see above
McDonald - see above
Viney - probably 2 years left
Lever - Needs an AA FB to play alongside
ANB - gone
Oliver - who knows

If Goodwin is staying then we aren’t getting near finals for two years. Tasmania kicking down the door and will raid the draft. We are better off getting picks now and getting ahead for the next 3-4 years.

Lol come on mate the club is the problem not Trac, I'd trade everyone above him before him

Yes I agree, we should all throw our support behind clarry, he's been 100% committed all the way unlike Trac
Strategically though it might be better to let him go and reset totally.

Gawn - done in 12 months
May - see above
Melksham - see above
McDonald - see above
Viney - probably 2 years left
Lever - Needs an AA FB to play alongside
ANB - gone
Oliver - who knows

If Goodwin is staying then we aren’t getting near finals for two years. Tasmania kicking down the door and will raid the draft. We are better off getting picks now and getting ahead for the next 3-4 years.
Agree. Trac goes and assuming we land some high picks for him it would make sense to reset

Have you guys had your end of season booze up yet? Stevie Sugar Ray May might fancy his chances against a weakened Petracca?
Dunno he'd flog your captain tho that weird looking campaigner goes down like a $2 whore.

And I know 'Tracs a gun. He nearly single handedly won the game for you blokes against us this year with 5 off his own boot, and Norm Smiths dont grow on trees (and he had that comfortably stitched up midway through the 3rd quarter, playing on Bont).

this is a wild take since half way through the 3rd quarter dogs were 3 goals up and bont had the norm smith sewn up.

Have you guys had your end of season booze up yet? Stevie Sugar Ray May might fancy his chances against a weakened Petracca?
I don't think i've seen someone who drunkenly said something stupid at a club event, live in opposition supporters heads as much as May has
Constant driving desire to be victims
Collingwood fans: "we don't care about your stupid irrelevant shambles of a club"

Also Collingwood fans: *constantly bringing up Steven May cos he said something at his own club BnF 11 months ago

Collingwood fans: "we don't care about your stupid irrelevant shambles of a club"

Also Collingwood fans: *constantly bringing up Steven May cos he said something at his own club BnF 11 months ago
Getting decked in a restaurant by Little Jakey Milkshake is the bit that lives on for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Christian Petracca – Norm Smith Medallist, 4x All-Australian and 2x Best and Fairest (re-commits to Melbourne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back