Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly and a Happy Norf to you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Petty was ok. And his best game in a while was not a high bar. 6 clangers not ideal when you touch it 11 times.
Also he isn’t moving overly well. Could probably have done a mini pre season with Clarry.
True, but the way he was attacking the contests was the old Petty coming back, and he took some telling marks. that's what i'm looking for from Him, and from Maxy. Take those marks high midfield, between the arcs.

Add to this the exciting form of JvR Re marking, or attacking the high balls, again high midfield... and it looks promising for coming years.

If Petty gets back to his marking best out wide, then he is a Must keep. I don't care as much with Petty's marking 'deep forward', as long as he crashes & splits the packs, in that situation. He must knock the pack over when deep... off they're feet.

This then brings our more skilled types into space.

Last edited:
Again, our strength is clearly defence. 3rd best. We're still able to defend. Clearly scoring has been the issue. We're not going to improve in this area with what we have. No point dwelling on it. Great at defence, horrible in offence. It's what we've got until coaching and personnel change.
We defend well by our method of going wide and slow from defence, and staying wide. Anyone can defend well when doing this.
But look at the saints... they cant get score on the board.

Look at the Piss and Swans... they run and carry hard thru the middle, and they score. They work just as hard back, when the ball turns over.

It's taking the game on.

We defend well by our method of going wide and slow from defence, and staying wide. Anyone can defend well when doing this.
But look at the saints... they cant get score on the board.

Look at the Piss and Swans... they run and carry hard thru the middle, and they score. They work just as hard back, when the ball turns over.

It's taking the game on.
Difference is potentially one player. Pies have Daicos running from defence getting their scoring happening from turnover. Swans have The Lizard! Both quick, smart and clean ball users. We don't have anyone that can play that role anywhere near to their level. We are just as desperate for a classy running defender as anything else on the ground.

Rivers was unreal in the midfield. His run and carry immediately made us look better, and it was one of the few things about us this year that has been exciting to watch.
This... is exactly what Oli can do when he sets his mind alight. The run and carry forward of centre circle, but in my mind, he, Oli is naturally lazy... and maybe why he was overweight in his draft year.?

They gave him the challenge.. and we drafted him after losing weight.

I'm just wondering IF he has gotten lazy again, and doesn't care as much for the ultimate, having achieved the flag.

This... is exactly what Oli can do when he sets his mind alight. The run and carry forward of centre circle, but in my mind, he, Oli is naturally lazy... and maybe why he was overweight in his draft year.?

They gave him the challenge.. and we drafted him after losing weight.

I'm just wondering IF he has gotten lazy again, and doesn't care as much for the ultimate, having achieved the flag.
Could be medication

Difference is potentially one player. Pies have Daicos running from defence getting their scoring happening from turnover. Swans have The Lizard! Both quick, smart and clean ball users. We don't have anyone that can play that role anywhere near to their level. We are just as desperate for a classy running defender as anything else on the ground.
Both the Pies and Swans run in a wave when attacking. Particularly the Swans.

More options running, creates doubt for the opposition. And tends to spread the defenders.

Both the Pies and Swans run in a wave when attacking. Particularly the Swans.

More options running, creates doubt for the opposition. And tends to spread the defenders.
This is why we need our midfield next year to have Riv, Koz, Windsor and MCVee. All quick and all hit targets. Oliver and Viney are too slow and can't hit the side of a barn. But IMO, we still need a running defender who can create. McVee could be that, but seems to be in lock down roles each week. Bowey hasn't improved and isn't overly quick. AMW is pretty quick and can rack it up, but struggles to hit targets.

This is why we need our midfield next year to have Riv, Koz, Windsor and MCVee. All quick and all hit targets. Oliver and Viney are too slow and can't hit the side of a barn. But IMO, we still need a running defender who can create. McVee could be that, but seems to be in lock down roles each week. Bowey hasn't improved and isn't overly quick. AMW is pretty quick and can rack it up, but struggles to hit targets.
Well with AM-W getting a run, hopefully a full game this weekend, maybe McVee gets a run with thru the Mids.

AM-W to play small defender.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or use him as the sub and give him 7 mins of playing time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He'll do something stupid. I'm not sure you go into a red hot Lions game away with Howes, Windsor, Brown, Tholstrup and AMW debuting. One will be sub and one likely dropped. Who knows with Goofy

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Norf - the Good, Bad & Fugly and a Happy Norf to you all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back