Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

No, can't be bothered. Brander is at the bottom of both these lists, how are you spinning it that he's not a soft footballer?

Can't be bothered? Will make it easier for you. Has a higher tackle and contested rate versus disposal than Steven May. Would you classify May as soft?

Langdon one of the better wingmen this year, has the same contested possession rate versus disposal as Brander.

Ultimately, not looking for the club to recruit him to play on a wing, moreso a KPP/3rd tall

Last edited:
Can't be bothered? Will make it easier for you. Has a higher tackle and contested rate versus disposal than Steven May. Would you classify May as soft?

Langdon one of the better wingmen this year, has the same contested possession rate versus disposal as Brander.

Ultimately, not looking for the club to recruit him to play on a wing, moreso a KPP/3rd tall

May is clearly not soft and is elite in contested marking and 1% ers, Langdon excels in uncontested footy. Brander is a non physical player who doesn't excel in any category. Hope we don't recruit him, but it ain't up to me.

May is clearly not soft and is elite in contested marking and 1% ers, Langdon excels in uncontested footy. Brander is a non physical player who doesn't excel in any category. Hope we don't recruit him, but it ain't up to me.

So we are shifting the goal posts, from using tackles and contested numbers to judge the hardness of a player, to adding more measures ?

Langdon a natural wingman, versus Brander who played in an unfamiliar role as a wingman, had the same contested possession rate

By all means call Brander soft, but then label Langdon the same perhaps

This is purely your opinion as the facts don't backup your assumptions

Why are we pretending he is not

Brander this year ( a KPP playing as a wingman) versus SPS in 2018 (last year as a mid)

Not that much difference

When players are similar in output, I rate the tall/more versatile/younger, higher
SPS has dominated games before. We know what he can do when he's up for it. Brander we do not.

Additionally, WCE targetting SPS and SPS wants to get to them. Brander appears like someone they don't really want to keep and we are only just considering him.

It is obvious that WCE see the potential in SPS more than they do Brander.

No way would this means Brander is worth more.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

SPS has dominated games before. We know what he can do when he's up for it. Brander we do not.

Additionally, WCE targetting SPS and SPS wants to get to them. Brander appears like someone they don't really want to keep and we are only just considering him.

It is obvious that WCE see the potential in SPS more than they do Brander.

No way would this means Brander is worth more.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Draft talent trade for needs

Brander had a contract on the table mid year, he is leaving for more opportunities, not dissimilar to SPS who sees himself as a mid, yet with other options at the club and the acquisitions of Cerra and Hewett it would be difficult for him to be a starting mid

WC have plenty of talls, yet are looking to rejuvenate their midfield

We have the thinnest spin in the league, but have plenty of flanker types.

Whether or not we see a swap for SPS and Brander, won't change the circumstances of both players moving to other clubs for more opportunities

SPS checked out a while ago, no need to despair and writing is on the wall for a few other rotational midfielders, Dow,LOB, Setterfield, Fisher, all small conditional with limited aerobic capacity , can’t play 4 quarters of engine room footy.
Sam walked because limited opportunities & sensed it wasn’t going to change. Other factors too , a raging pandemic , missing home , so many factors , I don’t begrudge him a fresh start back in his home state.
Tried hard, it just didn’t work out for him as a Bagger.

Last edited:
Draft talent trade for needs

Brander had a contract on the table mid year, he is leaving for more opportunities, not dissimilar to SPS who sees himself as a mid, yet with other options at the club and the acquisitions of Cerra and Hewett it would be difficult for him to be a starting mid

WC have plenty of talls, yet are looking to rejuvenate their midfield

We have the thinnest spin in the league, but have plenty of flanker types.

Whether or not we see a swap for SPS and Brander, won't change the circumstances of both players moving to other clubs for more opportunities
Carlton want to keep SPS. If they suddenly rated Brander and thought they can get their hands on him, then they wouldn't be trying to convince SPS to stay.

At the absolute worse and I still think that is undervaluing SPS, it would be a straight swap. Any indication that Brander is of higher value has no merit imo

Carlton want to keep SPS. If they suddenly rated Brander and thought they can get their hands on him, then they wouldn't be trying to convince SPS to stay.

At the absolute worse and I still think that is undervaluing SPS, it would be a straight swap. Any indication that Brander is of higher value has no merit imo

WC want Brander to stay too, but like SOS, they can't guarantee they play on their position of choice

My trade scenario valued the swap as even in terms of points, so why are you debating my posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crappy fan account or not - I would love it if Vossy was able to talk him around. Sammo has sublime skills and played up on a wing or as an outside mid he can be very damaging.

…and, I’d still try and get Brander as I believe we’ve been talking to him. Given opportunity as a intercept back like Weiters and Jonesy that would really strengthen our back 6 and create nice depth - Marchy or not. Brander is another good ball user, something we lack.

I can recall another young fella at Carlton being told by the new coach he was wanted. It didn't end well, but it sent us all off on a good ride.

I'd get Jones to take Brander under his wing and show him how to use his agility and athleticism to advantage as a lockdown defender.

WC want Brander to stay too, but like SOS, they can't guarantee they play on their position of choice

My trade scenario valued the swap as even in terms of points, so why are you debating my posts
Hey Arrow, were you suggesting picks 29 and 52 (900 points) which is > pick 25 (760 points)?

The WCE posters pick swaps 35 and 52 (770) looks more even with pick 25.

Could have my blue tinted glasses on here but how is it that Jack Martin was ‘worth’ pick 20 but we just have to accept 52 for SPS. It boggles

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back