Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Martin is a very good player that had an injury interrupted year.

Not sure why you would compare SPS with Martin. At least Martin tries hard even when injured.

Could have my blue tinted glasses on here but how is it that Jack Martin was ‘worth’ pick 20 but we just have to accept 52 for SPS. It boggles
The under-rating of what SPS has actually done is crazy. We need to take some medicine for the HB debacle... but I'll be annoyed if we roll over for a belly scratch on this one...

Jack Martin is a very good player that had an injury interrupted year.

Not sure why you would compare SPS with Martin. At least Martin tries hard even when injured.
Was comparing him to Martin when he was traded to us. He was rumoured to be extremely conditional but highly skilled. He also happened to be played out of position and was out of the side when he requested a trade. Not so dissimilar

Just shows what West coast thinks of SPS. Match the offer and keep him at Carlton.
I’m wondering maybe we can’t afford to keep him with Cerra, Hewett and now Young coming in? The next contract wouldn’t be much, but it would certainly be more than a new draftee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we can’t afford SPS given the incoming players and sounds like we pushed him out to the point of no return.

In saying that I’d let him walk to the PSD if West Coast don’t improve their offer. Freo have a small interest there and have an earlier pick.

We need to get their pick 36 involved even if it means we give them a small upgrade of other picks next year. Pick 52 is pretty much useless, would rather lose him for nothing.

we need to play hardball here, we didn't do the right thing playing him out of position but that doesn't mean we take a pasting on this trade.
Agree. The ‘new Carlton’ makes a strong statement today.

Club spokesman comes out and says pick 52 is insulting and won’t happen. Come back with something more realistic otherwise take your chance with the PSD.

Talented top 10 selection who is 24 year old with 94 games and huge upside is easily worth a late 2nd rounder.

It's been a big balls up by the blues. First for Teague refusing to play anyone but his favourites, and not developing any players under his watch.

Then by Austin by not offering SPS a contract, you may not want a player but if you low balled him with a low contract, it would be his decision to look else where and you can still request more for a trade by him being a required player.

It's been a big balls up by the blues. First for Teague refusing to play anyone but his favourites, and not developing any players under his watch.

Then by Austin by not offering SPS a contract, you may not want a player but if you low balled him with a low contract, it would be his decision to look else where and you can still request more for a trade by him being a required player.

Or maybe Austin didn't offer him a contract so that it allowed him cap flexibility to bring Cerra and Hewett and anyone else in he deemed would make the list a better one.

Or maybe Austin didn't offer him a contract so that it allowed him cap flexibility to bring Cerra and Hewett and anyone else in he deemed would make the list a better one.
If Austin doesn't have 200k spare to offer SPS, he has complety destroyed our list. SPS did more this year then Zac Williams who is on a reported 800k.

I'd think SPS would want a bit more than that.

Not sure how he's destroyed our list when going into next season it looks far better than it has in a long time.
That the point, you low ball the player to force him to look elsewhere, but save face that he is a required player that has been offered a contract there by driving up his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back