Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the first few pages and it was dripping with sentiment toward how much of a great addition to the club he'd be. How he'd carve up, how silky he was, how much he'd compliment Cripps in the midfield.

What happened?

Homesick.

So he's going to Perth, which is a 29hr drive from Halls Creek.

Easy commute, that.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably best you do some research before you post a smart-arse comment like this.

Sam went to school in Perth. He played four seasons of WAFL colts for Claremont Football Club and made his senior debut for Claremont at the age of 17.

He is a Western Australian who lived in Perth for five years and played representative footy for W.A.

So yes, he is homesick for Perth/W.A.

Massive upgrade? maybe for tennis.
Make jokes all you like but based on actual performances (not potential) Hewitt would comfortably be ranked our 3rd best midfielder behind Cripps and Walsh if he comes to us (4th if Cerra comes across), ahead of Ed Curnow and miles ahead of Kennedy, Setterfield, Samo, Dow, Fisher and Cunners.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he’s just not good enough, has decent skills but not hard enough and definitely not accountable enough. Doesn’t defend and is not worthy of a first round draft pick.
we’d be very fortunate to get him involved in a trade especially if it involves cerra

Make jokes all you like but based on actual performances (not potential) Hewitt would comfortably be ranked our 3rd best midfielder behind Cripps and Walsh if he comes to us (4th if Cerra comes across), ahead of Ed Curnow and miles ahead of Setterfield, Samo, Dow, Fisher and Cunners.
Agreed, but I think Dow could be something his disposal has definitely improved and I can’t doubt his intent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably best you do some research before you post a smart-arse comment like this.

Sam went to school in Perth. He played four seasons of WAFL colts for Claremont Football Club and made his senior debut for Claremont at the age of 17.

He is a Western Australian who lived in Perth for five years and played representative footy for W.A.

Yep, lived in Perth for five years.

If thats long enough to make it feel like home, you'd think the five years he's spent in Melbourne would have meant this also feel like home.

Sure, Sps asking for a trade has nothing to do with not being played in the midfield.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He has lived in Melbourne as long as he has lived in Perth and has talked more about growing up in Halls Creek than his time in Perth so I really doubt that he is homesick.
I’d say him wanting to leave is more to do with being played out of position for almost 2 years and West Coast happen to have a need for leg speed in the midfield.

Last edited:
Exquisite skills and sublime touch. Played some absolute blinders. But just not consistent enough for me. The bench mark is Mr S.Walsh. Young man comes in and makes everybody else look silly. When that's happening you need to lift. SPS ,whether he was out of position, not backed in enough or whatever the case was simply not up to scratch across the journey . Also needed to be a little more workman like. My fear is he goes to WC and goes up a notch and tears a new one in the future. But I really think we would've seen that by now. Good luck to him. He's very talented no doubt.
If Walsh is the bench mark, then you’re going to find about 1 player per decade across the whole League who is up to standard

Make jokes all you like but based on actual performances (not potential) Hewitt would comfortably be ranked our 3rd best midfielder behind Cripps and Walsh if he comes to us (4th if Cerra comes across), ahead of Ed Curnow and miles ahead of Kennedy, Setterfield, Samo, Dow, Fisher and Cunners.
The joke was for the wrong spelling. Chill out mate.

His problems were always above the shoulders: conditional, unaccountable, no confidence to take the game on when he had the ball.
Another kid we've done our best to wreck over the last few years.
If WC can get his head right, they'll pick up a gun for a bargain.

His problems were always above the shoulders: conditional, unaccountable, no confidence to take the game on when he had the ball.
Another kid we've done our best to wreck over the last few years.
If WC can get his head right, they'll pick up a gun for a bargain.

The biggest setbacks in our rebuild have been injuries to young players and a failure to move past a senior group who had mastered the art of doing just enough to get by. Samo was a sponge when he came to the club and absorbed all the wrong lessons from the usual suspects.

A friend of mine suggested we should do a straight swap for Jarrod Brander.

Probably not the worst idea to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back