Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Rest him and play Wood as a lead up forward.

Prefer a more mobile set up against Zfreo.
That would mean we'd have no one to give Goldy those very brief cop outs in the ruck as I don't think Petire should go in there anymore. I think we'll especially need someone like that against Freo, so if Brown doesn't get up we should bring Daw in.

Brown is important and we're playing Fremantle away.

If he's fit he plays, if not then I'd be comfortable playing Wood as the third tall.

I think a rest would be best. We definitely cannot afford to go a tall man down next week.

Give Majak a go or even Black. He will love the open space at Subi!
Black needs to do something in the VFL before we reward him again, had his chance a few weeks back and stunk it up...

Black needs to do something in the VFL before we reward him again, had his chance a few weeks back and stunk it up...

Agreed. Game wasn't played to suit though. And im not confident we would see the best of him at vfl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Game wasn't played to suit though. And im not confident we would see the best of him at vfl level.
I'm not saying he needs to kick 10, i just want to see some consistent marks, kicks, handballs, a few goals... right now i would rather play JZ as a perma forward rather than bringing Black in...

Just read that his brother Cameron is playing with the Tassie Mariners in the TAC Cup. It'll be interesting to see how he goes through the year. If he's anything like Ben we'd be stupid not to have a look at him.

Obviously no sense risking him if he doesn't pull up fully. By the same token, no sense resting him if he is good to go. Hopefully be alright to play this week as he would be very handy against undermanned Freo backline - if Tory Dickson can kick seven goals on them, Brown can probably pull a Fred Fanning.

Welcome back to the side, Browny. As long as the midfield are on top, we are a 4-5 goal better side with him playing. I wish I had the stats to back that up, but that's how it feels. So crucial nowadays and still so green. Has he even played a bad game at all for us, ever? Maybe a few games with not as much influence as other times, but still does *something*. What a great pick up he's been.

Real barometer of our team is BBB.

Really hope he gets up and plays, as per ^^ we are a much better team with him in it.

Also love is work rate. Never stops running, and I mean almost never.

How he slipped to that pick off exposed VFL form is pretty laughable, but great for us.

Had to go to page 4 to find Browny's thread :( , liked his game, again demonstrated his footy smarts more than once, and i love his passion, whether celebrating a goal of his own, or a team mate, or singing the song, we have barely scratched the surface of his potential so far, as has been stated plenty of times already, we gotta good one here :thumbsu:

browny.1.jpg

Browny is extremely valuable far beyond his goals and stats. I like how we have spread our goals around this season - but a bit more from the talls would be required if we are to rise up the ladder. Having LT as a leading goal kicker isn't great for our season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back