Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

He was just bloody enormous yesterday!!!!
So important, so smart!!!!
Take Hogan out of the conversation, and there isn't a young key forward I would rather have!!!

He is the future.

NMFC rests upon his shoulders.

Rubbish. Some suggested that he looked sore a couple of weeks ago and last week looked like the right time to rest him. He did look hampered against the Saints, too. Not yesterday, though.
It is not rubbish, GDT during the saints game, there were plenty of calls.

End of 2016.

There isn't a player on our list I'd be more confident of never leaving.
Hope so.

Best key forward potential we've had on the list in a very long time.

Gets footy.
Takes big contested grabs.
Kicks clutch goals.
Clean below his knees.

Is absolutely critical to the future of NMFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some on here have been calling for him to be dropped for the past 2 weeks.
Harsh call Phillyroo. Even my daughter thought he was hobbling in the game against the Dees. Most calls, including mine, were for resting him to freshen up. As for GDTs, posts have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway, as we have seen he can and does play injured. Just hope he gets through the rest of the season unscathed and finally has a run at a full pre-season. Will be even more scarily good with a full pre-season behind him. He is already a quality player but still has so much scope for improvement.

Now your other call about him being the future, can't disagree there. He is also becoming the face of the club. Cant miss him on the field, so the photographers love him. Very well-spoken, so the media love to interview him. And a cult figure amongst the fans....my daughter loves him and a little girl of about 4 or 5 had his number plastered on his face and was shouting "Benny" all game.

It is not rubbish, GDT during the saints game, there were plenty of calls.
GDTs don't count. They're a cesspit of negativity. Fair few calls for him to be rested though.

IMHO, he's too important to risk if he's not right but the club clearly knows what he is or isn't carrying better than we do.

The guy is so critical, a rest against a lower team like Melbourne would have potentially helped overcome what l believe to be soreness in his knees and general tiredness that he had showed late in some games. The guy has absolute heart, to do what he has done with no preseason, has been nothing short of remarkable for a big guy.

This bloke is a dead set freak.

While I (and many others) were saying he looked sore and proppy and his knees needed a rest, there he goes and develops the ability to turn his opponent inside out at full pace.

200cm, 100kg and turns on a dime.

He's the anti-Josh Smith.

Last edited:

While I (and many others were) saying he looked sore and proppy and his knees needed a rest, the he goes and develops the ability to turn his opponent inside out at full pace.

That crumbing goal he kicked and the blind turn to get around dawson. Also turned Lynden Dunn around a few times vs the Dees also. Not sure how a man 200cm and 100kg can do that... amazing.

While I (and many others were) saying he looked sore and proppy and his knees needed a rest, the he goes and develops the ability to turn his opponent inside out at full pace.

I've had just about enough of your Smithy bashing young man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back