Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

Your easily impressed by one game, he has been liability for a couple of years. let's see some consistency first before we praise the hell of the guy.
he is 32 years old and will likely not be part of the team for too much longer.
To be fair at 32 he’s way fitter than probably every 22 year old playing the game.

Cops looking for more evidence I think because they have postponed his trial yet again till sometime in May IIRC.
May is the Committal Mention... trial unlikely to be until after the season now.

In 2022:he was ranked by Champion Data as one of 4;elite players on our list ... and then Dimna had him change how he attacked the ball to reduce his FA after suspension for rough conduct ... hopefully Yze has got that rubbish out of his system and he is still playing when Marlion Jnr runs out onto the MCG in 4 years time

Magnificent game by the old bugger today. Some sublime skills and the usual controlled toughness when required.

What an absolute bargain he's been as a mid-season recruit. There hasn't been a better one since it's inception.
And hopefully the gift keeps on getting better in the future.

Your easily impressed by one game, he has been liability for a couple of years. let's see some consistency first before we praise the hell of the guy.
he is 32 years old and will likely not be part of the team for too much longer.

Pickett was very good against Sydney - IMO his best game in 2-years and credit to him. But he has been mostly below par for majority of the last 2-years. He commits more goal costing errors than any other player - constantly drops simple marks. Constantly caught HTB. Regularly turns it over with poor decision making.

Don’t get me wrong, he throws in some excellent plays as well, but at his age I hope we look to the future for 2025 and beyond to fill his role.

Let’s put it this way .. he hasn’t received a single coaches vote in his last 33-games of football. Macca hasn’t received one in his last 44 games of footy. Our 2 x wingman have been great warriors, but we need to make sure the second half of 2024 and 2025 sees some new faces running the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett was very good against Sydney - IMO his best game in 2-years and credit to him. But he has been mostly below par for majority of the last 2-years. He commits more goal costing errors than any other player - constantly drops simple marks. Constantly caught HTB. Regularly turns it over with poor decision making.

Don’t get me wrong, he throws in some excellent plays as well, but at his age I hope we look to the future for 2025 and beyond to fill his role.

Let’s put it this way .. he hasn’t received a single coaches vote in his last 33-games of football. Macca hasn’t received one in his last 44 games of footy. Our 2 x wingman have been great warriors, but we need to make sure the second half of 2024 and 2025 sees some new faces running the wings.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree on Macca, unfortunately the champ is becoming a liability with his errors, which now outweigh his benefits.

Not so much Marlion. He gives us toughness and plays tall, with a sprinkling of magic at times. I can stomach his occasional error, as it is still outweighed by his benefits.

Neither argument are a hill I'd die on though. The club knows best.

I just don’t understand why potentially his best ever game was his first in a GF and where he played as an inside mid yet has hardly been sighted in there since . Makes no sense why he wasn’t started there the following year and continued within that role .
I hear he was more of a half-back at South Fremantle I could be wrong but he was compared to Andrew McLeod a lot, I wouldn't compare him to that after watching him play haha

It makes me wonder if we got him when he was likely on the slide but still good enough to get drafted Mid-season.

Malicious prosecution case building for Marlion. I hope he has a crack when this case gets dismissed.
I really hope my mail I got right from the start is on the money because if it is then Marlion and his family will live a wonderful rich life.

I don’t care if he’s total shit for the next 18 games, you still play him. Or in the unfortunate event that he’s in a prison cell you make him sub.

You don’t get players with four kids already playing footy. If he doesn’t get there it is a dereliction of duty.

I would add to that: a premiership player/life member should be an automatic qualifier for father son/daughter.

In fact, we should be lobbying the AFL for it now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back