Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard we may be trading him for Jai Culley from West Coast. Blight getting 2 year offer from eagles while are offering 1year. I canā€™t be 100 % this is correct.

Something along these lines would make a lot of things make sense. Blight never seemed like a natural Richmond pick to me at the MSD. It seemed more like something they may have done under arrangement with one of the WA clubs to facilitate an off-season trade back to Perth.

Heard we may be trading him for Jai Culley from West Coast. Blight getting 2 year offer from eagles while are offering 1year. I canā€™t be 100 % this is correct.
That would be a disaster . Culley isnā€™t highly skilled nor quick and is on recovery from a acl .

Something along these lines would make a lot of things make sense. Blight never seemed like a natural Richmond pick to me at the MSD. It seemed more like something they may have done under arrangement with one of the WA clubs to facilitate an off-season trade back to Perth.

I hope not Blight actually looks like one of the players that may make it.

A big mid that would be different body profile to our 180cm types, good 2022 late season. I don't see the Eagles at all. He's in and out of the side.
Low numbers since ACL?
May as well keep Blight.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Both players uncontracted. We have first pick in PSD so could get Culley if he wants to come to us, although could be a bit of a good will trade or part of a steak knives deal involving Baker. I'd like to keep Blight though, sort of see him and Young fighting it out for third tall spot although Young won't be available unit mid next year. It's a good opportunity for Blight to get a run in the ones.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Both players uncontracted. We have first pick in PSD so could get Culley if he wants to come to us, although could be a bit of a good will trade or part of a steak knives deal involving Baker. I'd like to keep Blight though, sort of see him and Young fighting it out for third tall spot although Young won't be available unit mid next year. It's a good opportunity for Blight to get a run in the ones.

It could be part of the Jack Graham arrangement. Eagles offer him enough to get Richmond a rd 2 pick, Tigers take Blight and trade him back to Eagles for next to nothing.

It could be part of the Jack Graham arrangement. Eagles offer him enough to get Richmond a rd 2 pick, Tigers take Blight and trade him back to Eagles for next to nothing.

I'd like to see us get creative like that for sure. Good luck trying to value either player in that scenario. Blight is worth the difference in contract West Coast would pay for Graham than if he didn't come.

I'd like to see us get creative like that for sure. Good luck trying to value either player in that scenario. Blight is worth the difference in contract West Coast would pay for Graham than if he didn't come.

Richmond in this scenario may have made no attempt to value Blight. They could just have had their eyes on their real aim - to get as many high picks in the National Draft as possible. From there they would be saying to Eagles is there anything we can do for you to encourage you to offer JGTI a $560k+ contract? Eagles say well actually, we've got our eyes on J Blight as McGovern is kicking on and Barrass is leaving, but we also fancy another guy with our high pick in the MSD. Take Blight for us, we'll take the other bloke and offer JGTI sufficient for you and you can trade Blight back to us.

Eagles get JGTI, an experienced player in a successful team and likely to be a good leader, with a slightly bloated salary which won't trouble them while they are rebuilding. They get Blight. And they get their other fancy in the MSD, Hutchinson.

That JGTI compo, if it is Rd 2 compo will start at pick 22 and could form a very strong part of a trade for a team who needs points for a rd 1 pick. Or, it could be traded to another club for either an expected late rd 1 pick or a couple of rd 2 picks, or a player(who is valued higher in the market than Blight.) Or it could be just simply taken to the draft after sliding to around pick 30 and still get us a pretty decent prospect from all accounts. End of rd 2 compo, a pick starting around 40 and sliding a bit from there, would be worth a hell of a lot less. So I think the difference would be worth the trouble of taking Eagles' man fro them in the MSD.

Of course nothing like this could be going on at all. Blight could be genuinely our pick in the MSD, the back and forward offers to Graham could be genuine, and the way Blight was handled at selection could also be 100% genuine.

I guess we shall see. :)

Richmond in this scenario may have made no attempt to value Blight. They could just have had their eyes on their real aim - to get as many high picks in the National Draft as possible. From there they would be saying to Eagles is there anything we can do for you to encourage you to offer JGTI a $560k+ contract? Eagles say well actually, we've got our eyes on J Blight as McGovern is kicking on and Barrass is leaving, but we also fancy another guy with our high pick in the MSD. Take Blight for us, we'll take the other bloke and offer JGTI sufficient for you and you can trade Blight back to us.

Eagles get JGTI, an experienced player in a successful team and likely to be a good leader, with a slightly bloated salary which won't trouble them while they are rebuilding. They get Blight. And they get their other fancy in the MSD, Hutchinson.

That JGTI compo, if it is Rd 2 compo will start at pick 22 and could form a very strong part of a trade for a team who needs points for a rd 1 pick. Or, it could be traded to another club for either an expected late rd 1 pick or a couple of rd 2 picks, or a player(who is valued higher in the market than Blight.) Or it could be just simply taken to the draft after sliding to around pick 30 and still get us a pretty decent prospect from all accounts. End of rd 2 compo, a pick starting around 40 and sliding a bit from there, would be worth a hell of a lot less. So I think the difference would be worth the trouble of taking Eagles' man fro them in the MSD.

Of course nothing like this could be going on at all. Blight could be genuinely our pick in the MSD, the back and forward offers to Graham could be genuine, and the way Blight was handled at selection could also be 100% genuine.

I guess we shall see. :)
If I'm an Eagles supporter, I'm majorly pissed at paying Graham anythjing near $560k-plus under any circumstances.
He'll be plodding around in the bottom-placed Eagles Twos by May.
He's in the perfect situation at Tigerland, playing for a team that doesn't have the balls or sense to drop him for average form.

'A good leader'?? How is it that every premiership player here gets referencesd as a 'good' or 'great' leader, yet we are dead last and most of our youngsters have stagnated or never got there?
Leadership is a big problem at this club at this point in toime, despite evreryone from Graham, Bker, Rioli, Balta, Vlatuin and Broad to aramto, Hopper, Prestia and Nsnkervis being hailed as great leaders.

If I'm an Eagles supporter, I'm majorly pissed at paying Graham anythjing near $560k-plus under any circumstances.
He's in the perfect situation at Tigerland, playing for a team that doesn't have the balls or sense to drop him for average form.

'A good leader'?? How is it that every premiership player here gets referencesd as a 'good' or 'great' leader, yet we are dead last and most of our youngsters have stagnated or never got there?
Leadership is a big problem at this club at this point in toime, despite evreryone from Graham, Bker, Rioli, Balta, Vlatuin and Broad to aramto, Hopper, Prestia and Nsnkervis being hailed as great leaders.
Graham finished off the season pretty well playing good football, and I'm not one of his fans. Having said that we need to project to the future so Graham leaving helps us due to having too many similar players. If he stays fit he could be a good average player at WC, for a couple of years. I think the money is not such an issue, 4 years, that's a bigger one.

No he wonā€™t. Heā€™ll be best 22 at the eagles just like he was for us. We played over 43 players this year due to injury. Who the actual **** were we dropping him for when at times we had 2 afl listed players playing in the ressies.
For a bloke who knows so much, you miss a lot of basic points and contributing factors. You must of been deadset miserable 2017 to 2020.

No he wonā€™t. Heā€™ll be best 22 at the eagles just like he was for us. We played over 43 players this year due to injury. Who the actual **** were we dropping him for when at times we had 2 afl listed players playing in the ressies.
For a bloke who knows so much, you miss a lot of basic points and contributing factors. You must of been deadset miserable 2017 to 2020.
Like you, who told me Baker won't ever leave.
And now you're telling me you said he would ;)

He should have been dropped several times, but we wouldn't do it.
Again, we played many games with eight, nine, 10 and 11 premiership players n our team and fared miserably.
It's a luxury 17 teams would love to have - 10 premiership players in the line-up
But as you accuse me of, you look for the worse case scenario and think it applies all season.
Here's a list of personnel v Gold Coast in round 24.
Balta, Baker, Bolton, Broad, Graham, Hopper, McIntosh, Nankervis, McIntosh, Prestia, Rioli, Short, Taranto, Vlastuin.
14 of the 22 premiership or grand final players.
Add in Ross and Kzi, who aren't newcomers by any stretch.
Yes, our lack of experience was glaring!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, we played many games with eight, nine, 10 and 11 premiership players n our team and fared miserably.
It's a luxury 17 teams would love to have - 10 premiership players in the line-up
But as you accuse me of, you look for the worse case scenario and think it applies all season.
Balta, Baker, Bolton, Broad, Graham, Hopper, McIntosh, Nankervis, McIntosh, Prestia, Rioli, Short, Taranto, Vlastuin.
Lol, you messed up brosef, Groc and i said he was leaving on the show multiple times. You canā€™t even get your one liners straight. Again just showing your arrogance and ignorance.

You focus on the 8 premiership players but canā€™t seem to focus on the 16 who weren't and the 6-7 players who played under 20 or 10 games every week.

And i can go to say R11 or 12 where we had 12 premiership players in there but the rest were sub 20 game players and our on ball division was Prestia, Dow and Baker as our starting midfield. So, your actual point doesnā€™t hold weight there either. And i would love to see what you said about Kossie when we recruited him. But your telling me now heā€™s a gun. Ok. Our lack of experience absolutely was a factor.

And hereā€™s the real thing exposed about you. Youā€™re posting from a WCE POV saying how mad you would be if you paid overs for Graham. A normal Richmond supporter would be barracking for overs.

Ding dong. Schools out.

Lol, you messed up brosef, Groc and i said he was leaving on the show multiple times. You canā€™t even get your one liners straight. Again just showing your arrogance and ignorance.

You focus on the 8 premiership players but canā€™t seem to focus on the 16 who weren't and the 6-7 players who played under 20 or 10 games every week.

And i can go to say R11 or 12 where we had 12 premiership players in there but the rest were sub 20 game players and our on ball division was Prestia, Dow and Baker as our starting midfield. So, your actual point doesnā€™t hold weight there either. And i would love to see what you said about Kossie when we recruited him. But your telling me now heā€™s a gun. Ok. Our lack of experience absolutely was a factor.

And hereā€™s the real thing exposed about you. Youā€™re posting from a WCE POV saying how mad you would be if you paid overs for Graham. A normal Richmond supporter would be barracking for overs.

Ding dong. Schools out.
12 v Gold Coast who finished where, 14th?
Ding dong!
Kozi is not a gun and I never said so.
But he does have experience and is no rookie.
So when you talk about experienced players, you include him. Ditto for Roos.
They've been around long enough.

back to my point, Graham will be best 22 to strat with, but the Weagles won't stand for hom stinking it up every week.
They'll send him back to the WAFL, whereas we couldn't do without Captain Plodder.

12 v Gold Coast who finished where, 14th?
Ding dong!
Kozi is not a gun and I never said so.
But he does have experience and is no rookie.
So when you talk about experienced players, you include him. Ditto for Roos.
They've been around long enough.

back to my point, Graham will be best 22 to strat with, but the Weagles won't stand for hom stinking it up every week.
They'll send him back to the WAFL, whereas we couldn't do without Captain Plodder.

Gold coast finished 2 games out of the 8 in 13th. They had nowhere near the injury issues we had. You canā€™t even compare the years.
And lol, Ross basically missed the whole year with injury, had one game back in the ressies and got elevated because we had no one else.
Kossie had played 48 games since 2021 at Hawthorn when we picked him up as a third round selection. So hardly a big ticket item.

The rest of your post is pure speculation. Eagles ladder positions since 2018 - 2019 5th, 2020 5th, 2021 9th, 2022 17th, 2023 18th, 2024 16th.
And youā€™re telling us Graham isnā€™t good enough to make those teams when barring a terrible shoulder injury in the prelim v Geelong (and without him, we donā€™t win that game), heā€™d be a 3 time premiership player in our greatest dynasty since the 70ā€™sā€¦ā€¦?
Youā€™re extracting the urine.

Ding dong. Schools out.
You two should bang

Gold coast finished 2 games out of the 8 in 13th. They had nowhere near the injury issues we had. You canā€™t even compare the years.
And lol, Ross basically missed the whole year with injury, had one game back in the ressies and got elevated because we had no one else.
Kossie had played 48 games since 2021 at Hawthorn when we picked him up as a third round selection. So hardly a big ticket item.

The rest of your post is pure speculation. Eagles ladder positions since 2018 - 2019 5th, 2020 5th, 2021 9th, 2022 17th, 2023 18th, 2024 16th.
And youā€™re telling us Graham isnā€™t good enough to make those teams when barring a terrible shoulder injury in the prelim v Geelong (and without him, we donā€™t win that game), heā€™d be a 3 time premiership player in our greatest dynasty since the 70ā€™sā€¦ā€¦?
Youā€™re extracting the urine.
Funny stuff.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
No other team had blokes out, or coming off long-term injuries.
You front up, you're fit.

You're Graham shit is laughable.
You and his supporters have been dining out about his 2018 prelim for how long? Six years?
last premiership was in 20 .... four years ago.
We all love what he did, but what's he done since??
Sweet FA.
But keep thinking we have to repay him and extend his legacy.
No wonder we have been nowhere near it this year, or since '21.
Too busy living in the past.
If Graham was even half as good as he was in 2018 we wouldn't be talking.

Think heā€™ll stay on for 2025, donā€™t see why we wouldnā€™t

More of a player than miller & young, will pair well with Gibcus and Balta

The trade theory is batshit insane ngl

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny stuff.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.
No other team had blokes out, or coming off long-term injuries.
You front up, you're fit.

You're Graham shit is laughable.
You and his supporters have been dining out about his 2018 prelim for how long? Six years?
last premiership was in 20 .... four years ago.
We all love what he did, but what's he done since??
Sweet FA.
But keep thinking we have to repay him and extend his legacy.
No wonder we have been nowhere near it this year, or since '21.
Too busy living in the past.
If Graham was even half as good as he was in 2018 we wouldn't be talking.
Firstly, happy fathers day.
Secondly - it was 2019 prelim. A d he has played some very, very solid footy since then.
And players donā€™t play crook? Ok. Footy is never as simple as that. If you have played any sport, let alone footy, youā€™d know that.
And again, you are angry that the Tigers and the supporters want to extract maximum value for a trade. You want us to take unders because of your views. Again. Tells us everything we need to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back