Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Lower your expectations that's what I'm saying all this talk should be playing seniors
WTF dude, I pointed out why he isnt playing seniors to those insisting he should be.

You are confused mate.

He probably played as good a first Q yesterday that I’ve seen in the VFL this year. We’d have been another 4-5 goals down if he wasn’t deep back. He marked or spoiled anything near him, and also cleared the ball from defence.
Biggest issue with him is leg speed, but reads the play very well which makes up for that deficiency. Also tries to kick the cover off the ball occasionally.

It’ll be very disappointing if he was to return to WA. I think he’s a better bet than Miller deep back. Ben is a better athlete, but just loses body touch with his opponent too often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd it be if by refusing to play him he heads home to a WA team. It's painful enough hearing Dambrosio and Durham touted as AA quality, they were out of our hands. Couldn't handle hearing Blight and Will Davidson are carving it up at another team next year as a result of p1ss poor list management.

Personally I dont see him playing true KPD at AFL level locking down on gun KPF's.

His best position would be similar to Vlas, zoning off and impacting as the 3rd man intercepting everything that comes his way.

How'd it be if by refusing to play him he heads home to a WA team. It's painful enough hearing Dambrosio and Durham touted as AA quality, they were out of our hands. Couldn't handle hearing Blight and Will Davidson are carving it up at another team next year as a result of p1ss poor list management.
He can **** right off if he's sooking about not enough game time 3 minutes into his career. He's had a taste of AFL and struggled badly in his last game and will likely get another go this week. There is nothing to be upset about. He should be feeling grateful for the opportunity and I'm sure he is.

Then we should be playing him as much as we can to try and maximise his value.

In my very speculative theory, one of the WA clubs would have requested Richmond to take Blight in the MSD to ensure he can be traded back to them by the Tigers as part of a Bolton/Baker deal. Though this would much more likely point to Fremantle than the Eagles. But if something along these lines was the case then playing him in our AFL team wouldn't be doing much to improve his trade value, it would already be agreed in principle.

In my very speculative theory, one of the WA clubs would have requested Richmond to take Blight in the MSD to ensure he can be traded back to them by the Tigers as part of a Bolton/Baker deal. Though this would much more likely point to Fremantle than the Eagles. But if something along these lines was the case then playing him in our AFL team wouldn't be doing much to improve his trade value, it would already be agreed in principle.
Blight wouldn't get a game at Freo

Could Blight form part of an Eagles-Tigers mega trade?

For one wild example...

Richmond give:

Bolton, Baker, Blight, Green

Eagles give:

2024 pick 3, 2025 rd 1 pick, Liam Ryan(Tigers offer decent contract) + maybe a steak knives Vic player who wants to return home.

Remembering Eagles are likely offering enough for Graham to get us a rd 2, 2024 pick.
No way Eagles do this
Or us

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back