Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking with 4 vfl games left,he needed to.play vfl to qualify for finals.
This would explain this situation.

Are we here to advance AFL careers and win premieships, or here to make up the numbers in a second-tier competition?
Just continuing to lower our standards and aspirations.

Last edited:
This bloke is not going to be on the list next year

Not getting a game because a line has put through his name for some reason

Bizarre decision as half the list in injured and he looked good IMHO
don't think that's going to happen..
but, it is baffling why this bloke is not having experience pumped into him
it's the ideal year to lock him in down back and learn the plays and coordinate with the defence.

This bloke is not going to be on the list next year

Not getting a game because a line has put through his name for some reason

Bizarre decision as half the list in injured and he looked good IMHO
Of course he'll be on the list next year. He'd be playing now if Yze hadn't fallen on his sword and moved Balta back to defence.

Are we here to advnace AFL careers and win premieships, or here to make up the numbers oin a second-tier competition?
Just continuing to lower our standards and aspirations.
Considering the players will have their break post season, and Jacob was coming to us mid season, I see no issue with getting him more VFL game time because that too is a level up from where he was. I'm sure this was talked about as to what's best for his development and it's a bit like Ryan where they are giving him quite a bit of time in VFL to continue to develop. I think Jacob has a bright future with us but reckon it's one of him or Young, not both. Next year will be the year to find out.

Was best in ground today

Completely dominant marking everything

Clearly an afl player , hopefully at Richmond

Absolute Joke he isn’t playing every single week
I think we’ll really see improvement in a full-time professional environment. I’d have him ahead of Young at this stage just seems closer to an AFL player, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m not sure of Young’s contract status but he may last till the end of next season depending on delistings/trades this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could Blight form part of an Eagles-Tigers mega trade?

For one wild example...

Richmond give:

Bolton, Baker, Blight, Green

Eagles give:

2024 pick 3, 2025 rd 1 pick, Liam Ryan(Tigers offer decent contract) + maybe a steak knives Vic player who wants to return home.

Remembering Eagles are likely offering enough for Graham to get us a rd 2, 2024 pick.

There’s gotta be someone on here that knows why he isn’t getting picked.

I didn’t watch today’s VFL game, but putting up numbers like that for a full back is absurd.

Why aren’t we playing him? Did he spit the dummy when he was subbed?

Got to laugh in here what we're people expecting the next Rance or something. His got weaknesses let him work on them preseason and develop in the vfl now.
Most are just pointing out why he hasnt been picked every week. I didnt see a comment expecting him to be anything.

Most are just pointing out why he hasnt been picked every week. I didnt see a comment expecting him to be anything.
Mate his a rookie pick has had taste of it and let him work on his game. Obviously the coaches want him to work on a few things which is understandable.

Mate his a rookie pick has had taste of it and let him work on his game. Obviously the coaches want him to work on a few things which is understandable.
I dont know what you are trying to say but I think you are basically saying what I already said haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #51 Jacob Blight - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back