Player Watch #52 Campbell Gray 2024 MSD Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to see how the new guys turn out, hopefully they show something over the rest of the season, if they don't it hasn't cost us much & allows some more room in the draft.
That’s what MSD is all about , look forward to how they go today ,,,,am thinking blighty prob closer to a senior game

I dint get to watch today

Whats his speed , leap , agility etc like can somebody who watched him today give us a bit of info
Explosive on the lead, marks the ball at its highest point. Probably needs to put a bit of muscle on.

I am still thinking this guy may be wing hybrid forward/back/ruck long term.

Not sure what his endurance is like.

Showed a bit but difficult to tell with the opposition and I did not see the whole game. Intersting when he is up the ground and on the end of better kicks and systems how he could go. Something to work with I think at least.

He seemed to show speed and if he can contribute at least back as well as forward, missing a few shots will not make too big a difference over the journey if he is effective in other ways from his versatility

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still thinking this guy may be wing hybrid forward/back/ruck long term.

Not sure what his endurance is like.

Showed a bit but difficult to tell with the opposition and I did not see the whole game. Intersting when he is up the ground and on the end of better kicks and systems how he could go. Something to work with I think at least.

He seemed to show speed and if he can contribute at least back as well as forward, missing a few shots will not make too big a difference over the journey if he is effective in other ways from his versatility
Sure you've found enough positions for him.

heaps of raw talent, excellent first game.
Can see why Toce picked him. Has the athleticism and agility of modern day tall forwards.
Who knows how far he can go, but happy to give someone like him with great attitude and heaps of upside the opportunity.
Needs to work on the set shot routine, which is a bit lackadaisical

heaps of raw talent, excellent first game.
Can see why Toce picked him. Has the athleticism and agility of modern day tall forwards.
Who knows how far he can go, but happy to give someone like him with great attitude and heaps of upside the opportunity.
Needs to work on the set shot routine, which is a bit lackadaisical
Give the man a cigar , it’s exactly the profile of modern forward, quick agile leaper , curnow is the prototype , I worry about the durability of 2m players in todays game they all reg get injured , all of em

Sure you've found enough positions for him.

I think we need to see what his endurance is.

What he is like with good players kicking it to him up the ground.

I actually think he is more mid than forward, but not a conventional mid obviously. Start him on the wing in the 2's and see how he goes.

he looks like he might have some footy smarts and a bit of composure. Give him some licence to go forward or back depending on where the footy is and where the other players are to provide a viable option for our team

I dint get to watch today

Whats his speed , leap , agility etc like can somebody who watched him today give us a bit of info
Explosive enough to get separation on the lead, crashes the pack hard when leading, and flies well for his marks. Conversion could be better and some time in the gym wouldn't hurt to allow him the ability to wrestle in contested situations. Considering he barely had a run with the boys there was plenty to like about his game

Explosive enough to get separation on the lead, crashes the pack hard when leading, and flies well for his marks. Conversion could be better and some time in the gym wouldn't hurt to allow him the ability to wrestle in contested situations. Considering he barely had a run with the boys there was plenty to like about his game
So long as he has Agility , Speed , Leap and footy smarts the rest can be improved

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #52 Campbell Gray 2024 MSD Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back