5AA Disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree it’s not fair but life isn't fair and you have to deal with it. During the season other radio station broadcast games of football in this state, why not whinge to them.

BTW – how is it a troll, I am just offering an alternative opinion to the argument.

Becuase, as Lightning Rod said, if I come onto your board next time there is a thread whinging about Rucci and say 'theres plenty of other newspapers around to get information, read the Sun or the Age' then I would get 30 replies in about half an hour telling me to **** off back here.

5AA call themselves the kings of football in SA. They state on radio that they would call the away game because fans cant get to it and then they go back on it. Its a weak decision. I hardly think ratings during pre seaosn would be all important. In my opinion, they would get more listeners for the Port game anyway.

Plus the fact the ABC or MMM havent come out and gone back on their word.

crows98 - if you want to stay on this board, dont come trolling. If the shoe was on the other foot there would have been 3 threads on the Crows board about it and a dozen people somehow blaming Rucci for the decision.

Quite simply, 5AA are liars. Plain and simple.

It is a stunning backflip by 5AA. It's one thing to do such a backflip, but to do it having spruiked how you were covering the away games the week before is amazing and will cost a lot of loyalty from Port fans (and rightly so).

Not a sensible decision in my opinion.

I agree it’s not fair but life isn't fair and you have to deal with it. During the season other radio station broadcast games of football in this state, why not whinge to them.

BTW – how is it a troll, I am just offering an alternative opinion to the argument.

I think the issue is more about the about face of KG. When did the station make the decision to switch or were they always going to do it this way - they should have told us up front rather than lying to us.

My email just got read out. But left off the last 2 sentences.

What the hell is going on? Last week, you broadcasted the Crows vs. West Coast game on your station because Port was at AAMI, and the Crows were in Alice Springs, fair enough, no problem with that. You've since advertised that you will be broadcasting the Power vs. Sydney game this week, because we are away, and the Crows are at home. All of a sudden, your now going to broadcast the Crows vs Fremantle game, and not the Power match.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

Is it one rule for one team and another rule for another? If you play the Crows vs Eagles game on 5AA because the Power at home last week, you should be playing the Power vs Sydney match this week because the Crows are at home. Their supporters can go to AAMI Stadium.

What have the Adelaide Football Corporation jumped up and down and demanded that their game be broadcasted?? Since when did AFC take ownership of 5AA?

You might as well rename your station 5 Double Crows

Troy Wingate
www.PortAdelaideProud.com

Yawn - It's not a troll but you will not see it that way.

Understand this. It's 5AA. It really should have nothing to do with ratings in this case. They should do the right thing for the Adelaide football supporting community as a whole. Now us Power fans won't get coverage, yet you could go see your team play AND listen to the radio

This isn't the first time that 5AA have displayed their bias.

Just out of interest, dose a websites need a radio signal to transmit a match commentary feed? Could 5AA send Josh Franco and Russell Ebert to Sydney simply to broadcast the game on www.portadelaidefc.com.au

Would it be possible for 5AA to broadcast the game but send the signal to a website rather than a radio signal?

And herein lies the reason I don't listen to this t0ssp0t half @rsed radio station.

Problem solved for me anyway...... :D

You all seem to hate it so much so why don't you ALL just stop listening to it?! :confused: You will live happier lives lol

There's time for Porthos to set up his ham radio station at the game. What frequency should we tune into Porthos?
Heh.

Its tempting to phone up 5aa talkback after the Crows game and give a match review of the Port game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of interest, dose a websites need a radio signal to transmit a match commentary feed? Could 5AA send Josh Franco and Russell Ebert to Sydney simply to broadcast the game on www.portadelaidefc.com.au

Would it be possible for 5AA to broadcast the game but send the signal to a website rather than a radio signal?

this is possible, but i don't think it wouldn happen. would probably cost too much for too few listeners. they'd need a whole crew to go there just for some internet listeners.

surely there'll be another station covering it that will be available from the afl website?

pretty soft by 5AA in any case. but that's what you get for having the financial pull of the crows

Cornsey is embarrassed by it.

what do you mean by this?

FFS people - just stop listening to this crud! If they actually lost ratings they might stop and think. For as long as they dominate the market, they won't give two hoots. In fact, by emailing and calling you justify their 'controversial' decisions because they know stuff like this generates listeners.

Ditto for the Advertiser BTW.

I haven't listened to the Beavis & Butthead show when Port are playing live for close to a year now, although i must admit i do listen to it during the week occasionally if i need a few laughs. There usually is much better/other alternatives such as the ABC (who i think personally has by far the best radio commentary team), MMM, etc.

cooperjai - I can understand your frustration but I find it inappropriate to post a persons mobile phone number on a forum like this.

As for 5AA if they had come out and been honest last week and said they were going to cover the crows because they would get a bigger audience then we could all feel frustrated but at least 5AA would be seen as being honest.

Maybe if Port had known this they would have asked the AFL to program the game in a different time slot to force 5AA to cover the game.

The game is likely to be streamed on afl.com.au as most were last weekend although it is hard to find some of the time.

I don't mind 5AA making finacial decisions but at least be honest about it all the time.

Also it would be nice to remove KG, Rucci and McDermott from on air duties as they just drive me to turn off. I only listen for the possibility of interviews from port adelaide player/officials but then I only hear 15 minutes on the way home and maybe in the garden on a saturday/sunday.

Bring on the real football so we have something important to talk about

I haven't listened to the Beavis & Butthead show when Port are playing live for close to a year now, although i must admit i do listen to it during the week occasionally if i need a few laughs. There usually is much better/other alternatives such as the ABC (who i think personally has by far the best radio commentary team), MMM, etc.
I fully agree that the ABC coverage is far superior to the commercial stations.

Well I almost drove into the back of a truck on South Road when I heard Cornsey read this out. He was right in saying they cop everything they got after last week promising Ports game get covered and quite frankly they do. Then you have KG raving on as he does on how they spend so much money covering games and we shouldn't complain....hello KG if 5aa spend so much money then why aren't they going to Sydney....

5aa, hey 5aa gooooo and get stuffed!

I think the issue is more about the about face of KG. When did the station make the decision to switch or were they always going to do it this way - they should have told us up front rather than lying to us.

The club didnt think so - the below is taken from todays EPower email:-

4. NEXT MATCH
Friday 16 March, 7pm (6.30pm SA Time) versus Sydney @ Telstra Stadium

5. ON THE WIRELESS
6.30pm - 1395AM 5AA

You may have heard an email from "Pred".

I gave that snake KG both barrels. :thumbsu:

I did! GC said you are a goose!

:D

send your emails to Nic Nolan, 5AA Programme Director.

nnolan@dmgradio.com.au

Tel: 08 8419 1361
Fax: 08 8419 1460

Our fans should send emails to the 5AA Programme Director ... but we should also start a Second front with this 5AA Disgrace

the Second front is this:- we should also send Emails to our new number 1 Member "David Koch - Kochie" maybe Kochie can mention it on Sunrise
and maybe this will show 5AA

(isn’t the General Manager a former Port Adelaide player (George Fiacchi) in charge at MMM Adelaide?
He's at the other mob, ex-Glenelg player Peter Maynard is the new boss at MMM/SAFM
Out of curiosity, who generally wins the ratings for footy broadcasts between 5AA And Triple M?
5AA (easily)

Like others have said, the problem is with the excuse they used last week more than them choosing the Crows game. I don't like that we don't get our game covered but I could understand the decision if they hadn't given us that excuse last week.

I'm always the first to bag you guys but you have definitely been ripped off on this occasion. Very strange decision.

Who knows, the club could use it to work in your favour. Remember those glory days of the Magpies? It was always "us vs them" and no doubt you can use this to illustrate the point once again. It might just fire your team up for the season proper!

Remove this Banner Ad

5AA Disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back