Game Day 5aa Post Match Calls

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just sat through all of that.

Fair dinkum, I can understand that the supporters have had enough, but they need to cut Tredders some slack, he's only one voice.
The last thing the club and supporters need is Tredders being hounded and pushed out, its not his fault why the club is where it is.

Fair dinkum, I can understand that the supporters have had enough, but they need to cut Tredders some slack, he's only one voice.
The last thing the club and supporters need is Tredders being hounded and pushed out, its not his fault why the club is where it is.
Yeah he snapped back at that last guy and he backed down just as quickly lol

Unfortunately Tredders is the only link the fans and members have to access to. He is the unofficial members advocate to the PAFC.

Interesting how Tredder's and Giniver's views on members control boards contradicts Richardson view during the CEO dinner I attended 2 weeks ago.

I am hoping other members and fans keep pressuring club officials on this subject matter.

As I mentioned earlier I listened to the 5AA post match calls after the game against brisvegas, and I thought the only really silly one was the woman who rang in and complained about `we will never stop, stop, stop until we're top, top, top' in the club song.

In my opinion that call had fruit tingle troll written all over it!

As I mentioned earlier I listened to the 5AA post match calls after the game against brisvegas, and I thought the only really silly one was the woman who rang in and complained about `we will never stop, stop, stop until we're top, top, top' in the club song.

In my opinion that call had fruit tingle troll written all over it!
I actually agree with her.

When lecturing I use the clubs song and 5 year plan of examples of what NOT to do when creating goals.

Well never stop til were top and chasing greatness.

We did stop and were still chasing it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Whrn lecturing I use the clubs song and 5 year plan of examples of what NOT to do when creating goals.

Personally I reckon leave the song alone. Those things get better with age and chances are we end up with an “modernised” abomination like west coast.

That said, when Ken is ousted I think it’d be good to do something different to not giving in and NTUA. Fresh start to go with the changing of the guard.

This is such a cringe/nuffie 5AA caller idea of mine, but I always envisioned the Do-do-do-do, everyone gets up for NTUA, but instead it’s the part of the song that goes into the sax solo, and from there on inxs were never heard at a port game again. Sentimental send-off sorta thing.

Personally I reckon leave the song alone. Those things get better with age and chances are we end up with an “modernised” abomination like west coast.

That said, when Ken is ousted I think it’d be good to do something different to not giving in and NTUA. Fresh start to go with the changing of the guard.

This is such a cringe/nuffie 5AA caller idea of mine, but I always envisioned the Do-do-do-do, everyone gets up for NTUA, but instead it’s the part of the song that goes into the sax solo, and from there on inxs were never heard at a port game again. Sentimental send-off sorta thing.
I'm not suggesting a massive change of the song.

Simply change never stop til were top with never stop even when we're top.

On the list of priorities it is very very low but I'd still like to see it changed.

Some of our supporters are just simple

Then after we've gotten rid of that we should bring in playing songs after goals so we can be just like all the other franchises. I'd personally like to hear 'take me home country roads' and 'sweet caroline' multiple times a game. And that 'mr brightguy' song. Classic. I reckon our crowd would get the best singalongs going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When lecturing I use the clubs song and 5 year plan of examples of what NOT to do when creating goals.

We'll never stop stop stop,
Even when we're top.

Then after we've gotten rid of that we should bring in playing songs after goals so we can be just like all the other franchises. I'd personally like to hear 'take me home country roads' and 'sweet caroline' multiple times a game. And that 'mr brightguy' song. Classic. I reckon our crowd would get the best singalongs going
Can’t wait to sing along to consolation goals to get us back within 40 of the oppo

I don't like that particular wording either and would be quite happy with the change you have suggested, but in my opinion a genuine Port supporter would have something more important to complain to Tredders and Timmy G about re yesterday's pathetic performance than wasting their time bagging something as trivial as a couple of lines in the club song.

and complained about `we will never stop, stop, stop until we're top, top, top' in the club song.

I don’t like that line either.

The problem is in the word “until”. I would change it for “because” in a heartbeat.

We shouldn’t stop. Period.

P.S.: I’ve suggested that in a 2020 thread:

Last edited:
**** I love Tredders. While Kane called our fans fickle, Tredders said this about 5 minutes into the linked clip:
"Our fans have backed this club, they have backed us to the hill, Timmy. Cause you look at that number, I heard that number, membership through the roof, sponsors wanting to sign up, and we serve that up to them. That's the bit where as a whole club we have to get better."
That's the type of thing I wanna hear from someone at the club. If I'm not mistaken, none of our players, coaches, or any other board members have said a peep beyond maybe Ken's post match presser (I don't want to hear that loser talk so I wouldn't know). For all those so called "leaders" at our club, none have expressed anything other than Tredders. It's no coincidence he's our only premiership captain, he actually gets what this club is about. Not like those dickheads Kane Cornes, David Koch, Ken Hinkley et al.
EDIT: I am still listening to the podcast and just heard Butters come on, so I stand corrected regarding him at least. As Tredrea said, "he gives a shit".

Last edited:

Yep, and we will probably reword the song to include things about self care, carbon neutrality etc etc

NGI yes. It is done. We don't stand for that anymore.

NTUA no, that's a statement about our entire existence and our future free of the SANFL. It is hard to sing when there's zero momentum amongst the fans, but when we get rolling again, it'll take on new meaning. You also don't stop something like that which has had buy in from an entire supporter base, because you'll never replicate it again.

Thats a fair call regarding Tredders but we also need fans voicing their opinions to show their discontent. Not sure what the solution to this is but agree that we can't compromise Tredders position. It would be a disaster for our members & ultimately for the club as members will walk away from the club if they oust Tredders.

YUK

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 5aa Post Match Calls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back