Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Gray - gone
Motlop - gone
Boak - 34
Dixon - 32
Jonas - 31
McKenzie - 30
Lycett - 30

So glad your mob are selling their future to us because that cliff is coming quick and we’ll be going past you while Kochie will be left holding Mummy’s boy‘s prick..
The list we're building they wont get near us for all of JHF's career. But guess he likes being a big fish in a little pond.

Only thing I want more then overs for Horne, is for Port to have to trade one of their untouchables
Is there a definitive list going?

Marshall
Sinn
Rozee
Butters
Georgiades
Wines
Bergman

I reckon I could live with a deal where Port give us 8 and F1, and then they have to lose one of those players so we get Hunter Clark.

We dont need to trade you do. We dont need to do anything.You want him pay up , he will be up with your highest paid players so you must think he is top notch. You want quality you need to give quality . Your offer needs to be commensurate with JHF'S abilities.

Last edited:
Only thing I want more then overs for Horne, is for Port to have to trade one of their untouchables
this

we can pretty much tell port dont bother unless you trade one of butters or sinn or get a top 5 pick or gtfo and dont bother calling until 12 months later when we consider those shitty offers then

Geeze, hadn't read this thread all day and saw 30 new pages, thought something had happened. Instead, its just a bunch of Port supporters talking sh*t. Mods, surely its clear some of these posters have exhausted what little input they had, and are just rehashing troll points?
Yea i just straight skipped 30 pages,, nothing of consequence

So how are Poort going to re-package their 2x 1st round picks today to try and pretend they've added more value?

They've already tried getting Pick 2 from WC and been laughed out the room.

My bet is they'll try their 2x 1sts to GWS for #3 + #19. But it will fail, again.

On the plus side for us, other teams will smell blood in the water down at Alberton and start targeting port youngsters that they might be able to pry loose. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dee's or Dogs saw this as a chance to pinch one of Port's boys for a steal once they get desperate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current scenario has simularities of the popular fable jack and the beanstalk. Jacks role being played by snoz, where we have the cow and port are offering up a hand full of magic beans.

In the alternate ending i suspect we keep the cow for another season and then go to market, bypassing ports offer of magic beans.

"It was announced on 12 September 2011 that he would be moving to the play for the Giants on a six-year contract valued at an estimated total value of $6 million"

JHF isn't getting offered 6M over 6 years. And that 6M for Scully was 10 years ago, so with inflation would be the equivalent of 8M today. On that number alone - market value - you can argue that JHF is not better than Scully
You can argue that if you want. Doesn't matter.

So how are Poort going to re-package their 2x 1st round picks today to try and pretend they've added more value?

They've already tried getting Pick 2 from WC and been laughed out the room.

My bet is they'll try their 2x 1sts to GWS for #3 + #19. But it will fail, again.

On the plus side for us, other teams will smell blood in the water down at Alberton and start targeting port youngsters that they might be able to pry loose. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dee's or Dogs saw this as a chance to pinch one of Port's boys for a steal once they get desperate.
EIGHT.gif

yeah the repackaged offer has all the hallmarks of the Penske file after George put in in a new folder,

images

100 percent in agreeance with kingy there,
At least one voice of common sense! How's the bloke explaining the potential trade, trying to justify it as we would have picks 1&2, as if the value of pick 1 is somehow linked to what we would be getting in the trade!!

Everyone (except Kingy!) seems to conveniently be forgetting that we have finished bottom two years in a row, meaning next year we should have two number one draft picks running around for us (I remember playing Carlton a few years back when they had 4!) Losing JHF will mean that effectively we didn't get our number 1 pick for finishing on the bottom last year, so the compensation in the trade needs to reflect that, pick 2 in arguably a weaker draft is not even close, regardless of the unrelated fact that we happen to also have pick 1.

yeah the repackaged offer has all the hallmarks of the Penske file after George put in in a new folder,

images
Well you missed a lovely little party that we had for Ken

1665008677053.png

Someone on the Port board said this:
The Australian reporting that any deal is OFF because JHF only wanted Port and Port have not been able to come up with a suitable deal. Try again in 12 months.
In the print edition I guess. Does anyone get that rag and know the details?

At least one voice of common sense! How's the bloke explaining the potential trade, trying to justify it as we would have picks 1&2, as if the value of pick 1 is somehow linked to what we would be getting in the trade!!

Everyone (except Kingy!) seems to conveniently be forgetting that we have finished bottom two years in a row, meaning next year we should have two number one draft picks running around for us (I remember playing Carlton a few years back when they had 4!) Losing JHF will mean that effectively we didn't get our number 1 pick for finishing on the bottom last year, so the compensation in the trade needs to reflect that, pick 2 in arguably a weaker draft is not even close, regardless of the unrelated fact that we happen to also have pick 1.
And thats best case scenario that they even get pick 2 off WC (unlikely) which will effectively be be pick 3 really when Ashcroft is taken F&S!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis [Part II] - NM trade JHF & #1 for Sheezel, Wardlaw, CHarvey & PA 2023 1st - you were never one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back