Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he'll have a quiet one. I don't think he'll have a rager tonight, he is playing tomorrow after all.

Will kick a bunch of goals against Carlton, but.

I reckon Joey will have a quiet one this week.

1456713515179.jpg

Underrated by whom? Everyone in the media can't stop talking about what a star he is.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk
Maybe not so much underrated but I think the media may have come a bit late to the party. Just an impression.

TBH its only really dawned on me in the last few weeks just how extraordinary he could be (and already is). He just keeps on raising the ceiling.

Maybe not so much underrated but I think the media may have come a bit late to the party. Just an impression.

TBH its only really dawned on me in the last few weeks just how extraordinary he could be (and already is). He just keeps on raising the ceiling.
Move over Buddy I'd say. Joes almost if not the best forward in the game. Moves as well as the bud

I noticed that in round 23, Sydney and North play before Essendon so Joe might have either won it by the time our boys face Freo or he will have a set target to win the Coleman medal. This is assuming Kennedy does not mount a challenge in the coming weeks.

We will probably miss finals because the whole team tries to give the ball to Joe on every opportunity and he'll kick 2.5 with 3 out on the full and lose it by 1 goal. And we lose to freo.

Buddy didn't close the gap!
I am looking forward to Joe kicking his first bag of ten against Freo, round 23.
I will be back in Aus for the first time in a year and will be introducing a Moroccan, German and American to their first ever game of footy.
Finals on the line, Coleman on the line - the more spice the better!!!

The media experts are always a good 6 - 12 months behind the curve. We knew in the second half of last season that Daniher had taken the next step. It only occurred to the media in the past two months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy didn't close the gap!
I am looking forward to Joe kicking his first bag of ten against Freo, round 23.
I will be back in Aus for the first time in a year and will be introducing a Moroccan, German and American to their first ever game of footy.
Finals on the line, Coleman on the line - the more spice the better!!!

There is a good joke somewhere in there.

Getting close to that Coleman now, is Joey.
Don't jinx it! Kennedy's still got a game to play tomorrow...
Sad that Ben Brown went down like he did today, I love the idea of the two most awkward-looking fellas in the league battling it out for the Coleman.

70 goals is a possibility, especially given his recent form. That would be an outstanding return. At the very least should pass Lloyd's 62 in 2008 and 2007. Lucas also got 67 in 2006, the highest since Lloyd's 96 in 2004.

Buddy isn't as quick as he used to be.
I was looking at the Player Tracker on the AFL app and I saw Connor McKenna had the highest top speed that I have seen so far in our games (33.5km/hr, I can't recall any player in our games getting to 33). Out of interest I had a look at the other games and was surprised to see Buddy the quickest for the day, he registered as 33.8km/hr.

Two Geelong players were also over 33, maybe it is a quick track out there? The stats haven't been available for very long either so it is hard to say how reliable they are. It does suggest that he might still have a good turn of speed though.

I was looking at the Player Tracker on the AFL app and I saw Connor McKenna had the highest top speed that I have seen so far in our games (33.5km/hr, I can't recall any player in our games getting to 33). Out of interest I had a look at the other games and was surprised to see Buddy the quickest for the day, he registered as 33.8km/hr.

Two Geelong players were also over 33, maybe it is a quick track out there? The stats haven't been available for very long either so it is hard to say how reliable they are. It does suggest that he might still have a good turn of speed though.

I reckon it's his acceleration away from a contest rather than his top speed where he has slowed down. If you watch his 2008 highlights, he was getting incredibly high numbers of shots on goal because of his ability to break away and shoot from anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back