Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently GWS & Fremantle are the frontrunners for Lachie's services.
Freo want another big body in forward line along side Pavlich.

I'd love to know what he has been offered. Surely he isn't worth more than 350k a year max.

Freo have deep pockets and could really use a bloke like Lachie with Pav getting ready for life on golden pond. Wouldn't be surprised to see them offering him plenty. They are looking pretty good for the next few years as well, so it's not like he'd be going to faff about with a bunch of cellar dwellers.

They are 3000kms from home though, so hopefully with a bit of mutual respect and loyalty we can come to terms.

I am hearing good news, Hansen to stay.

Hansen was one of the names i was referring to in my original, north trade week freak out post.

This could've gone either way,believe that. Hamish was the other one, and Pedo was already out of the bag.

Add those two names to this list, and you can see why i was 'freaked out' lol heading in to trade week,

Garlett, Cambell, Edwards, McKinley,Warren and Pedo.

Still a long way to go though.

To be fair at least part of that plan is by vote.

B1, B2, BS, DMAC are all up next year and it is a pity EA was not just given a 1 year extension to be on the same tineline.

I will only be purchasing the minimal membership package in 2013 in order to maintain my voting rights at the club.

If PDR, EA, Dave Wheadon and co make the right noises, then they will be getting my support.

All they have to do is not insult my intelligence with smarmy PC crap and put actual football department issues on the table.

I'm not going to vote for someone because they balance the books, that is expected.

I'm not going to vote for someone because of poker machines.

I'm not going to vote for someone because they gave some baseball caps to some refugee kiddies.

I'm going to vote for the candidate whose primary concern is delivering this football club a football premiership in the shortest possible time period and who is dedicated to returning this football club to it's core principles.

We need to get our mojo back.

Hansen was one of the names i was referring to in my original, north trade week freak out post.

This could've gone either way,believe that. Hamish was the other one, and Pedo was already out of the bag.

Add those two names to this list, and you can see why i was 'freaked out' lol heading in to trade week,

Hope you are right and Hansen' s management sees sense.

Of all the rumoured delistings/trades that is the only departure that would bother me.

Hi guys,

It has been well documented that Brisbane are looking for a KPF and that we had an absolute wad of cash to splash with Fev now gone, and quite a few on our board are keen on Lachie. I know you guys don't want to lose him, nor do I know whether our List team is even keen, but if he was to leave and you guys were to field offers, would this even be somewhere in the ball park? I'm not here to troll so I apologise if I offend anyone.

Brisbane recieve Pick 14 & Hansen
NM recieve Pick 8 & Karnezis

Or

Brisbane recieve Hansen
NM recieve Karnezis & 23/30.

I don't really want to lose Patty but he sounds like he's homesick (he's a mummy's boy) so I'd like to get some value from him if he does happen to leave.

Do we want PDR back? I thought he was causing problems last time? not that we know.

Why are people so worried about not talking to the media at the moment? It just drives up prices. Wait untill deals have been made before we crack the poo's about stratergy.

Hi guys,

It has been well documented that Brisbane are looking for a KPF and that we had an absolute wad of cash to splash with Fev now gone, and quite a few on our board are keen on Lachie. I know you guys don't want to lose him, nor do I know whether our List team is even keen, but if he was to leave and you guys were to field offers, would this even be somewhere in the ball park? I'm not here to troll so I apologise if I offend anyone.

Brisbane recieve Pick 14 & Hansen
NM recieve Pick 8 & Karnezis

Or

Brisbane recieve Hansen
NM recieve Karnezis & 23/30.

I don't really want to lose Patty but he sounds like he's homesick (he's a mummy's boy) so I'd like to get some value from him if he does happen to leave.

I'd take karnezis, not for Hansen though.

Pass.

I will only be purchasing the minimal membership package in 2013 in order to maintain my voting rights at the club.

If PDR, EA, Dave Wheadon and co make the right noises, then they will be getting my support.

All they have to do is not insult my intelligence with smarmy PC crap and put actual football department issues on the table.

We need to get our mojo back.

Fair enough, our club has sold us more candy than David Rodan and we have bought it every time.

Can't say I would vote for the packaged ticket above but do agree that the massive tip of the hat for survival (aka the incumbents) has been achieved and the on field stuff really needs to happen.

Fair enough, our club has sold us more candy than David Rodan and we have bought it every time.

Can't say I would vote for the packaged ticket above but do agree that the massive tip of the hat for survival (aka the incumbents) has been achieved and the on field stuff really needs to happen.

The on field stuff is happening shagga. Been on the way up for the past three years.

Don't get dragged down by teffy's chicken little routine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The on field stuff is happening shagga. Been on the way up for the past three years.

Don't get dragged down by teffy's chicken little routine.

Not dragged down just stating the facts.

The boys club as they are called are all up next year and we cannot vote on all of them but the kids factory could go pear shaped.

Have just heard on the Gippsland 'vine' that Hansen is considering an offer from Yarragon ;) $200 a game plus taxi fare to and from King Street every Saturday night :thumbsu: As many sausage rolls pies and pasties as he can fit into his fat mouth at Q time Half time 3Q time and after the match. + beers local roots and a quick pick every Saturday including the off season :eek: Did i mention he has a day gig mowing lawns for the West Gippsland Shire, apparently he is tossing up becoming a casual employee or an independent contractor :confused: Maybe he should stick with what he knows best, the smell of grarse :D

Have just heard on the Gippsland 'vine' that Hansen is considering an offer from Yarragon ;) $200 a game plus taxi fare to and from King Street every Saturday night :thumbsu: As many sausage rolls pies and pasties as he can fit into his fat mouth at Q time Half time 3Q time and after the match. + beers local roots and a quick pick every Saturday including the off season :eek: Did i mention he has a day gig mowing lawns for the West Gippsland Shire, apparently he is tossing up becoming a casual employee or an independent contractor :confused: Maybe he should stick with what he knows best, the smell of grarse :D

I'm sure the late Sam King would love that idea.

No room for at Yarragon for him and Paul Harvey.

I was trying to remember who put that post up - thanks for that. And yes some very big surprises

If he were to choose GWS they would have a gun to our head in negotiations due to the preseason draft.

Hope you get a good deal done with us to be honest. If GWS are interested in him, and he is open to that, then he doesn't even need to choose them for you to have a gun to your head. It is an ugly situation for a club to be in. Fortunately we have seen decent deals getting done this trade period.

We actually have a bunch of reasonable players who would be trade-able such as Roberton, Ibbotson, Suban, Silvagni and maybe Broughton, plus some unknown types such as Pitt. I don't want to suggest what an actual trade might be because that kind of speculation already fills too many bf pages (plus I won't pretend to know what types you guys need), but there are some handy players there. It does seem clear that our first rounder is virtually never going to be traded.

Anyway, good luck next season, hope you have a good one.

Hope you get a good deal done with us to be honest. If GWS are interested in him, and he is open to that, then he doesn't even need to choose them for you to have a gun to your head. It is an ugly situation for a club to be in. Fortunately we have seen decent deals getting done this trade period.

We actually have a bunch of reasonable players who would be trade-able such as Roberton, Ibbotson, Suban, Silvagni and maybe Broughton, plus some unknown types such as Pitt. I don't want to suggest what an actual trade might be because that kind of speculation already fills too many bf pages (plus I won't pretend to know what types you guys need), but there are some handy players there. It does seem clear that our first rounder is virtually never going to be traded.
There won't be any deals done, he'll be staying at North. What about Ryan Crowley, does he want a move home? :)
Anyway, good luck next season, hope you have a good one.
Same to you. :thumbsu:

There won't be any deals done, he'll be staying at North. What about Ryan Crowley, does he want a move home? :)
Same to you. :thumbsu:

Not as far as I know (he is contracted). Given Lyon resurrected his career after Harvey got him to bulk up last season, it is unlikely. Never any harm asking his manager though.

Heard rumors Lachie is getting close to re-signing. :thumbsu:
Heard the same, apparently he walked past the room where the unsigned contract is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back