Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes a bit of a jack of all trades player. Unfortunately master of none. That candy he was sold by vickery will be remembered forever.

The problem with some folks is that they can't get a handful of mistakes out of their head.

He was considered to be traveling beautifully until one disastrous half of footy in his 150th.

Unfortunately, he also currently suffers from the lack of a decent midfield and both Laidley & Scott have utilised him badly.

He'll end up playing very good footy if he lands at a side with a strong midfield. Mark my words.

The problem with some folks is that they can't get a handful of mistakes out of their head.

He was considered to be traveling beautifully until one disastrous half of footy in his 150th.

Unfortunately, he also currently suffers from the lack of a decent midfield and both Laidley & Scott have utilised him badly.

He'll end up playing very good footy if he lands at a side with a strong midfield. Mark my words.

He could plug and play into the swans or cats backlines. The fearful part of me sees him going to Hawthorn for peanuts and reviving himself as a very handy swingman.

Hope I'm wrong, would rather he stayed.

He could plug and play into the swans or cats backlines. The fearful part of me sees him going to Hawthorn for peanuts and reviving himself as a very handy swingman.

Hope I'm wrong, would rather he stayed.

Harry Taylor is the only player I rate as being ahead of him for defensive intercept marking. He's the second best mark in the side after Brown, when he is up and going.

However, when our midfield leaks like a sieve under pressure then sides don't need to bomb long under pressure, they just run and gun straight through us and take Lachie out of the equation with hit up passes.

Unfortunately, he is likely to suffer because we have a couple of youngsters of his type on the books that need games.

I reckon he is a chance to land at Richmond, Geelong, Freo or Hawthorn. If they utilise him correctly, he will be a very damaging player.

People pot him for being laconic and lazy but you seriously can't fault the bloke for putting his body on line for the club. Has gone back with the flight more than any other player in recent memory with complete disregard for his body, despite having his fair share of concussions and injuries. He is also incredibly underrated as a club man, he is the type of person that makes footy clubs fun places to be. The other thing that shits me is people seriously underrate how good his marking is when he is fit and when we had a more defensive game plan that didn't allow easy transition into the oppositions forward line.

While he probably hasn't lived up to expectation as a pick 3 I still believe he has a lot to offer to this club going forward.

Either as a third tall defender or as a mobile CHF. I can't see him being utilised as a defender with the club looking to pump more games into McKay, EVW, Nielson and Durdin. However with Waite/Wood always being injured I wouldn't be against him playing a foil for Brown. With his marking and work rate he could give Brown some much needed space in the forward line while getting onto a few himself.

If he doesn't get another gig with North, i wish him nothing but the best. The bloke is a top fella, hard trainer and has put his body on the line for this footy club more than most.

People pot him for being laconic and lazy but you seriously can't fault the bloke for putting his body on line for the club. Has gone back with the flight more than any other player in recent memory with complete disregard for his body, despite having his fair share of concussions and injuries. He is also incredibly underrated as a club man, he is the type of person that makes footy clubs fun places to be. The other thing that shits me is people seriously underrate how good his marking is when he is fit and when we had a more defensive game plan that didn't allow easy transition into the oppositions forward line.

While he probably hasn't lived up to expectation as a pick 3 I still believe he has a lot to offer to this club going forward.

Either as a third tall defender or as a mobile CHF. I can't see him being utilised as a defender with the club looking to pump more games into McKay, EVW, Nielson and Durdin. However with Waite/Wood always being injured I wouldn't be against him playing a foil for Brown. With his marking and work rate he could give Brown some much needed space in the forward line while getting onto a few himself.

If he doesn't get another gig with North, i wish him nothing but the best. The bloke is a top fella, hard trainer and has put his body on the line for this footy club more than most.
Agreed, especially if Waite is not going around for another year.

Well said mate.

Harry Taylor is the only player I rate as being ahead of him for defensive intercept marking. .

Jeremy McGovern is the best intercept mark in the league IMO.

Agree Hansen could be better utilized in a different team that forced long kicks rather than slicing through our (slow) midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he does. He's a super good endurance runner.

Don't confuse agility and burst for endurance running ability.

It's amazing how a bloke could be on our list for 10 years and yet people are blissfully unaware of his actual strengths and weaknesses.

Lachie has been at the club for ten years and failed to make any one position his own.
Stop thinking its Laidley or Scott that let Hansen down. Hansen let himself down.
Look what Taz has been able to achieve with a fit body.
Time for us to move him on.

Yeah he does. He's a super good endurance runner.

Don't confuse agility and burst for endurance running ability.
he's a good runner but he's not a run and carry type of player, he rarely does a give and get. This is why he could never push up into that tall wingman role where he could have used his endurance.

Certainly our most courageous player when it comes to going back with the flight of the ball. Never ever shirked a marking contest.

he's a good runner but he's not a run and carry type of player, he rarely does a give and get. This is why he could never push up into that tall wingman role where he could have used his endurance.

Certainly our most courageous player when it comes to going back with the flight of the ball. Never ever shirked a marking contest.

If our midfield is dictating play you leave him back and watch him rake in the marks. It's no coincidence that our mids had a day out against Brisbane and he dragged down 10.

If a side is getting through our midfield, then he is best suited to pinch hitting in the ruck and playing the second marking forwards role.

I'd have him in our current best 22 every week.

Well burst speed & agility is how the crows run . While Lachie maybe serviceable for some teams the Crows aren't one of them

Lever doesn't have any of those traits, he is purely an intercept defender like Lachie. If they are in contention and want a stop gap to replace Lever (if he leaves) there wouldn't be a better or cheaper option than Hansen.

Lever doesn't have any of those traits, he is purely an intercept defender like Lachie. If they are in contention and want a stop gap to replace Lever (if he leaves) there wouldn't be a better or cheaper option than Hansen.

Both can intercept mark yes, but Lever is a much better one on one defender.

Hansen is also a bit wrecked due to injuries unfortunately.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #6: Lachlan Hansen - pick 3 '06 - 151 NM games - NM life member - thanks Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back