AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

I low-key hate that him & Laverde are spending time launching some street clothes shit in the middle of the season. Doesn't set a great example.

Hard to criticise Zach on field but the message isn't great imo

Merrett can do whatever he wants in my book - it’s amazing he still gives a s***

While I appreciate his gut running & effort to put on pressure defensively, I feel as if it's tiring him out and hampering his offensive game. Hasn't been as damaging with his disposal post bye (except the Collingwood game which of course he was phenomenal). I guess it highlights on how poor our small forwards are.

While I appreciate his gut running & effort to put on pressure defensively, I feel as if it's tiring him out and hampering his offensive game. Hasn't been as damaging with his disposal post bye (except the Collingwood game which of course he was phenomenal). I guess it highlights on how poor our small forwards are.
It's more that teams are sitting someone on him and we don't have enough other good users of the footy in midfield to take pressure of him.
Similarly teams started putting their best key back on Langford and we didn't have anyone step up to fill the void (barring a few cameos from stringer and caddy)

It's more that teams are sitting someone on him and we don't have enough other good users of the footy in midfield to take pressure of him.
Similarly teams started putting their best key back on Langford and we didn't have anyone step up to fill the void (barring a few cameos from stringer and caddy)
It's more than that, he has dealt with attention for multiple years now. It was notable against Melbourne & Saints where he was out of breath on some defensive efforts, we get the turnover and he would normally turn up to receive a handball/kick but was too gassed.

Did she change her name? I didn't think they were married yet.

Either way, huge news for them both, onya Skipper!

Kicking goals on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost like he has to do too much. I am sure the extra workload he is taking on is having an effect on his disposals as the game goes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back