AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Really feel bad for Zach.

He is almost like how Brian Lara was in his era.
Pure champion with not enough help.
That’s a great call!

I can’t imagine how bad things would be without Zac.

His teammates have cost him any chance of being AA captain and Brownlow medalist

He is just a superstar, it’s his defensive effort when he doesn’t have the ball that I love the most.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zac tried as an elite kicking half back flanker. Martin moving onto the wing or forward line..

Then we would have Zac and Ridley as great kicks back there going through them as much as possible. Allowing Tsatas and Hobbs moving into the midfield, and out of the 2s...playing the roles they are good at (not playing wings or forward line), to assist Parish, Duzza, Caldwell and maybe Setterfield.

When we are playing a high press, and our forward 50 is congested those 2 entering 50 are well equipped to find targets.

He probably would not get tagged as often and would drive better standards of the back group.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zac tried as an elite kicking half back flanker. Martin moving onto the wing or forward line..

Then we would have Zac and Ridley as great kicks back there going through them as much as possible. Allowing Tsatas and Hobbs moving into the midfield, and out of the 2s...playing the roles they are good at (not playing wings or forward line), to assist Parish, Duzza, Caldwell and maybe Setterfield.

When we are playing a high press, and our forward 50 is congested those 2 entering 50 are well equipped to find targets.

He probably would not get tagged as often and would drive better standards of the back group.

Sorry mate, but you can't win a Brownlow as a half back flanker and "My Boy" is going to win one before he retires (after he plays 400 games) and then he takes over as our Coach for the next 28years.

So in conclusion, he plays where he bloody well wants to until then.

:moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache:

Also frees up Martin to go to wing/HFF. I don't mind this as some teams are tagging Zach, and that's less likely to happen if he starts at half back. We could switch after the bounce at times and get Zach running around the ground, and then rotate him back to HBF if he's getting tagged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the AA squad. Will he make the final 22?
John Candy No GIF by Laff

The most underrated player in the comp by a country mile. He carries this friggin team on his shoulders.

All the media dropkicks are doing their AA teams and while most obviously have him in there, there are a number who have left him out.

It’s just jaw dropping. He’s one of the best few players in the freakin league.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back