AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, he was good but yoiu'd have gto leave someone out for him. Who do you move out to slot him in?
the selectors were probs debating betwen

Neale, Zerrett, Butters and trelor

if i had to rank them from best to worst this season

Neale, Merrett,Butters trelor

Adam trelor doesnt damage you, just gets a bunch of meanigless touches and hack kicks ect. Zez is one of the best kicks in the comp.

Last edited:
the selectors were probs debating betwen

Neale, Zerrett, Butters and trelor

if i had to rank them from worst to best this season

Neale, Merrett,Butters trelor

Adam trelor doesnt damage you, just gets a bunch of meanigless touches and hack kicks ect. Zez is one of the best kicks in the comp.
yet you rank him better than Neale, Merrett and Butters?

your ranking system might need work

Adam Treloar > Zach Merrett is amazing to me.

As if Joe Menzie and Jayden Laverde didn't already owe Zach Merrett the world

Almost like he has to do too much. I am sure the extra workload he is taking on is having an effect on his disposals as the game goes on.
Agree with this. Add a tag most weeks and I thought he tired a bit as the season wore on. Almost worked himself out of the AA team I reckon.

We will be something different as a team the day someone goes to Merrett’s tagger and gets physical with them. Pushing, blocking …..all those things other teams do when their best player is getting treatment. It never happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. Add a tag most weeks and I thought he tired a bit as the season wore on. Almost worked himself out of the AA team I reckon.

We will be something different as a team the day someone goes to Merrett’s tagger and gets physical with them. Pushing, blocking …..all those things other teams do when their best player is getting treatment. It never happens.
Shouldn't that be Parish's job when they're played together?

To be honest the AA side interests me about as much as John Ralph's opinions.

I don't think you should worry too much about the AA mate, it's not that big of a deal.

It's sad because Zach Merrett does everything he can for a premiership. When we talk about our last 20 years, Zach is the exception. He has been that way from the beginning and worked hard to improve his defence over the last couple of years.

He could have and can easily win a brownlow, a norm smith and so much more.

The club has let him down in so many ways. I hope his teammates see that and try to at least get him some success before he retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - Baby on the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back