• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In two years, Jack will be 22 and Brent Moloney will be trying to hang onto his spot by tagging him.

Yeah don't think so mate. Moloney is no superstar, but he is in career best form and prior to this round was 5th favourite for the brownlow. Most non North fans would say it'd be the opposite of the above scenario, but that's partly due to being underrated by most in the football community.

Jack actually reminds me a hell of a lot of Brent Moloney. Both built like brick shithouses, both booming kicks, both with bad injury troubles early in their careers which stagnated their improvement. Like Beamer, Jack will come good, and whilst u may have higher hopes than a Moloney level for him, u can do a hell of a lot worse.

Yeah don't think so mate. Moloney is no superstar, but he is in career best form and prior to this round was 5th favourite for the brownlow. Most non North fans would say it'd be the opposite of the above scenario, but that's partly due to being underrated by most in the football community.

Jack actually reminds me a hell of a lot of Brent Moloney. Both built like brick shithouses, both booming kicks, both with bad injury troubles early in their careers which stagnated their improvement. Like Beamer, Jack will come good, and whilst u may have higher hopes than a Moloney level for him, u can do a hell of a lot worse.

First off, the Brownlow medal betting after round 8 adds nothing to anything. It's just a waste of time. He could win it and I still wouldn't buy in.
Moloney, as far as I can see, has beaten right up on Gold Coast, Brisbane and Adelaide in a 96 point win. Against Hawthorn, West Coast and yesterday he was AWOL. Gone. Not a yelp. I'm not saying he's no good, but in two years he'll be 30 or close and given his lack of class, I reckon he'll be hard up retaining a second rotation spot in what will be a good midfield.

Anyway, enough of him. Jack was good. Just hoping he plays every game and stays healthy. Games like yesterday are just a starting point.

Soon as I read Ziebell and Run with player my mind immediately went to daydreams of a Cameron Ling style tagging role.

Similarly built, both bordering on 190cm's with a broad built, seem to share a similar running style (although Jacks currently slower), both throw themselves into tackles.

With the substitute rule Ziebs could be a great shutdown player and punish the opposition with a couple of classy touches.

I don't want to take this thread off topic but just quickly; Moloney was BOG in all wins and against Sydney in a draw, wasn't great but was in our bests against WC and Hawthorn. Still had 18 touches and a goal in both of those games. He won't struggle for a game when he's 30.

You appear to have taken affront to my comparison of the two, but most neutrals would agree it's very fair. In fact IMO u should be happy if he gets to that level given his horrible run with serious injury. He will always have a touch of class or flair that Moloney will never have, hopefully for you the rest of the package comes good too.

He is not, and never should be a 'run with' type player.

His skills are too got for a restricting role like that.
i'm saying he should be a run with player just for this year mate to help him develop like so many others have. It gives him a set role each week and helps him learn quicker by playing the best mid each week.

then next year his role will change to be more attacking

No doubt Ziebell is too classy to stay in a tagging role permanently, but for this year I'm not totally against it. Didn't hinder the development of some of our greatest contemporary players such as Stevens, Simpson and Rawlings

In all the overanalysis of things with footy these days due to the expansion of the media, wouldnt Ziebs in a run with role just be apart of his learning and education into AFL footy??

Though until Ed and Levi come back im not against it.
He can develop his smarts aswell as start to motor the engine along.

I don't want to take this thread off topic but just quickly; Moloney was BOG in all wins and against Sydney in a draw, wasn't great but was in our bests against WC and Hawthorn. Still had 18 touches and a goal in both of those games. He won't struggle for a game when he's 30.

You appear to have taken affront to my comparison of the two, but most neutrals would agree it's very fair. In fact IMO u should be happy if he gets to that level given his horrible run with serious injury. He will always have a touch of class or flair that Moloney will never have, hopefully for you the rest of the package comes good too.

Mate, I agree with you on Moloney and that he is in front of JZ- purely injury related though. Where they sit in a year comparitively is anyones guess. Consistency is a big issue for your young blokes but, North game as an oversight, Moloney has managed it pretty well.

And good on you for wearing a couple of North board stingers and staying respectful. Our monkeys are trained to bait you into a red card. They are the best at it too, I don't mind saying.

Jack is too good to be doing any tagging long term. While it may be a good idea to run with some blokes at this stage of the season, I wouldn't think it's a plan going forward.

But in the short term it could be a good idea for Cunnington as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I though he was more of a loose tag against Moloney actually, and the replay seems to confirm this. Probably instructed to go head to head with him. Jacky boy is going to be a freakin beast though. Teams will learn to fear him once he gets going properly.

Yeah, I though he was more of a loose tag against Moloney actually, and the replay seems to confirm this.

Same with the Bastinac "tag" on Kerr last year. Stood next to him at stoppages and then did whatever he liked once that contest was over. Not even close to a tag.

Yeah, I though he was more of a loose tag against Moloney actually, and the replay seems to confirm this. Probably instructed to go head to head with him. Jacky boy is going to be a freakin beast though. Teams will learn to fear him once he gets going properly.

Agreed. Glad someone picked it up.

Brad as we know, rarely plays a hard tag and will let players go head to head.

Jack with his ferocious attack on the player and the ball around the stoppages is an asset. Therefore, keeping a close and watchful eye on their key extractors in the engine room could be a key to Jack's game.

Jack won't tag 'per se', but he may be given the job of checking Rich or Black around the stoppages this week.

Let's get serious here ye people. Jack couldn't do a "run with" job on Half Tonne Mom so what makes you think he could do a "run with" job on the likes of Judd and Swan? He don't have Ze Tank. :stern look

But having said that let me say this, That was Zjay Zee Bell's best performance this year for us. Keep at it Zjay.:thumbsu:

I'm happy with Jack to do "match up" roles against suitable opponents, primarily because the ball becomes his second point of focus and it keeps him in an upright position more often.

He just makes sure his opponent doesn't gain possession, gets the ball himself, or zones off and becomes a much more damaging player in space.

Pretty clever thinking by the coach, if he persists with this rationale.

Not a beast, a

zbull.com-logo.jpg

Just wondering if the game today against Adelaide is the break out game for Ziebell. He has obviously been struggling with fitness issues and is now running into both fitness and form. It would be his best game to date and his confidence must grow from today. The next few weeks should tell.
Cunnington too played his best game for us so maybe its time to get excited about the future again.
Its a pity we were hard done by the umps against Rich, Bris and the Swans. Who knows a win against the Eagles and we would have been sitting 7/3. Oh well no good crying over spilt milk, the experience will probably be a benefit in the future in a funny way.

Ever since the naysayers came out the club's treatment of him has been magnificent. Used as the sub for halftime, then 3qtr time and then not at all.

He's just been nursed along beautifully and responded really well.

Maybe the club listened to the naysayers, he's got the ability, same with Cunners, its the consistency that has been lacking.

Was fantastic today but it was last week when he really took off, IMO.

Last week he hit 20 possessions and led our clearances, after only getting the pill a dozen times the week before.

Goal from 70m (or whatever it was) today was a highlight.

:thumbsu:

, after only getting the pill a dozen times the week before.

Week before that he had 20 or so and a stack of clearances. 3 of his last 4 have been outstanding.
Going to be a sensational footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back