Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Cal Twoomey reporting Bolton & Baker to Freo for 9,10 & 17
Whilst everybody is thinking Bolton is just about a done deal to fremantle there could be a spanner in the works and may not be as 100% as people may think. Would not surprise me at all if there is a last minute twist to this

• Most players apart from Baker , Bolton have actually asked for a trade to a particular club similar to Macrae , Rioli when they know the new club can get the deal done like freo .
  • Baker we know is just waiting to know who the new coach is and similar to Graham - But why is Bolton waiting ?
  • Twomey asked Matty Clarke about Baker/Bolton and he was very vague and didnt dismiss Bolton
  • Eagles could come in late with a massive offer last minute now they have off loaded Farling & Barrass as well as a few more they could easily offer $1.5 mil x 7 year deal and wipe fremantle's offer out and Bolton could easily flip for that cash
  • If Mcquarter gets the eagles job he would 100% want Bolton , Baker & Graham at the eagles i have no doubt

Could be more to play out in this if Mini gets the gig

Whilst everybody is thinking Bolton is just about a done deal to fremantle there could be a spanner in the works and may not be as 100% as people may think. Would not surprise me at all if there is a last minute twist to this

• Most players apart from Baker , Bolton have actually asked for a trade to a particular club similar to Macrae , Rioli when they know the new club can get the deal done like freo .
  • Baker we know is just waiting to know who the new coach is and similar to Graham - But why is Bolton waiting ?
  • Twomey asked Matty Clarke about Baker/Bolton and he was very vague and didnt dismiss Bolton
  • Eagles could come in late with a massive offer last minute now they have off loaded Farling & Barrass as well as a few more they could easily offer $1.5 mil x 7 year deal and wipe fremantle's offer out and Bolton could easily flip for that cash
  • If Mcquarter gets the eagles job he would 100% want Bolton , Baker & Graham at the eagles i have no doubt

Sweet karma for Mcqualter after losing to Yze

interesting..
does open a new door of possibilities.
would love W.C to jump in and throw down

Bolton is as much a chance to go to WC as Luke Jackson was, the guy who also requested a trade to WA but later confessed that they were never a serious consideration. He's not waiting for anything. All parties know that he wants to go to Freo only. Clarke not dismissing Bolton means nothing. WC never dismissed Jackson, and Freo never dismissed Kelly, despite both teams knowing that they weren't a chance.

Bolton is as much a chance to go to WC as Luke Jackson was, the guy who also requested a trade to WA but later confessed that they were never a serious consideration. He's not waiting for anything. All parties know that he wants to go to Freo only. Clarke not dismissing Bolton means nothing. WC never dismissed Jackson, and Freo never dismissed Kelly, despite both teams knowing that they weren't a chance.

you sound desperate

What if I told you that if you do not bend over and touch your toes, he stays ?

Yes we all pretty much accept that freo is the most likely but why didnt Bolton specify the dockers
He just requested a trade to go back home ?

Now with Clarke's comments and not denying straight off the bat there must be some conversations at the eagles regarding Bolton. The eagles certainly have the cash to offer Bolton a head spinning deal like $1.5 mil for 6 years $9 mil that the dockers wont / cant get close to that and he already has 2 medals and with 6/7 years left he will be there when the eagles are competing again. Reid / Bolton / Warner / Baker plus the other players they have will certainly make them start to rise

#3 & #23 will most certainly get the deal done so no issue with that part of it and they would still have #13 , 69 , 77 to take to the draft. Mini will be the coach that will 100% be on board with this and i can really see the eagles making a play for him.

Yes we all pretty much accept that freo is the most likely but why didnt Bolton specify the dockers
He just requested a trade to go back home ?

Now with Clarke's comments and not denying straight off the bat there must be some conversations at the eagles regarding Bolton. The eagles certainly have the cash to offer Bolton a head spinning deal like $1.5 mil for 6 years $9 mil that the dockers wont / cant get close to that and he already has 2 medals and with 6/7 years left he will be there when the eagles are competing again. Reid / Bolton / Warner / Baker plus the other players they have will certainly make them start to rise

#3 & #23 will most certainly get the deal done so no issue with that part of it and they would still have #13 , 69 , 77 to take to the draft. Mini will be the coach that will 100% be on board with this and i can really see the eagles making a play for him.
so Bolton, Baker & #29 to WC for #3 #13 & #23

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker for pick 3 is a dream. Many on here were sour on the club for giving away pick 6 for Prestia, twice the player Baker is.
If we get pick 17 or there abouts for Baker I would be very happy.

9 and 10 for Bolton is just okay, but they are the numbers and they are not shabby. In this draft we will pick up two very good players at that level, not Bolton but who wanted him to leave anyway, so take what you get.

If we have picks 1, 6 (Rioli), 9, 10, 17, 21 and say 26 (Graham), that's quite a haul.
Trade to North pick 9 and 17 for pick 2 assuming they don't want a mid so will pick talls,
we have 1, 2, 6, 10, 21, 26. If we manage to grab another first round pick in the argy bargy, all the better.

Baker for pick 3 is a dream. Many on here were sour on the club for giving away pick 6 for Prestia, twice the player Baker is.
If we get pick 17 or there abouts for Baker I would be very happy.

9 and 10 for Bolton is just okay, but they are the numbers and they are not shabby. In this draft we will pick up two very good players at that level, not Bolton but who wanted him to leave anyway, so take what you get.

If we have picks 1, 6 (Rioli), 9, 10, 17, 21 and say 26 (Graham), that's quite a haul.
Trade to North pick 9 and 17 for pick 2 assuming they don't want a mid so will pick talls,
we have 1, 2, 6, 10, 21, 26. If we manage to grab another first round pick in the argy bargy, all the better.
No one credible is saying Baker for 3 straight swap. It’s Baker + pick 10 for pick 3 that people are hoping for

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Liam Baker - Requested trade to WA club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back