Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh? Or challenging him to step up to AFL level and contribute more to the team?
Maybe firm is better than harsh - either way Clarko isn’t letting him think he’s BGZ at this level yet.

That is just awesome.

I remember him floating in for a pack mark in one of his first games and was sold then and there. Kid has talent.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
His ability to track the ball in flight is exceptional, That game down at Hobart where everyone was running under the ball Zane tracked it coming in perfectly. One of the things i reckon stopped Ben Brown being elite as he often mis-tracked and then mistimed his leap. and what we saw on the weekend is the combination of this combined with some natural spring timed at exactly the right time.

When he gets a tank and can cover more of the ground Jarrod Waite like numbers wont be unrealistic. Wait till this bloke is 24 years old and running round with peak Sheezel , Kerch and Wardlaw! I reckon he could be one of the great CHFs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three more cracks at a Rising Star nom. with tomorrow’s game possibly his best chance. A tidy 15 pos. 2-3 goal game with a couple of trademark floating pack marks may just do it. Wasn’t too far off these numbers in his first few games and has last week’s hanger well and truly still in the voting panel’s minds. Would cap off a great 2024 class for the Club.

Three more cracks at a Rising Star nom. with tomorrow’s game possibly his best chance. A tidy 15 pos. 2-3 goal game with a couple of trademark floating pack marks may just do it. Wasn’t too far off these numbers in his first few games and has last week’s hanger well and truly still in the voting panel’s minds. Would cap off a great 2024 class for the Club.

Does he have the runs on the board to get a nomination? I don’t pay much attention to other sides, but usually at the end of the season they give the nomination to a kid that’s put a good season together without a stand out game.

Does he have the runs on the board to get a nomination? I don’t pay much attention to other sides, but usually at the end of the season they give the nomination to a kid that’s put a good season together without a stand out game.
Yep, body of work does comes into it for sure, especially with these later rounds. Also couldn’t tell you if anyone else is banging down the door. He had a semi solid first few rounds. More importantly, a solid game tomorrow possibly contributes to a win!

Bit nervous about this man's loyalty. And with each omission, it gets ever so slightly stronger. Hopefully just residual trauma. Stick with it son

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back