List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

what position would we be angling for re Lobb to play? His best footy has been down back.

Surely the only reason he would potentially leave would be because he doesn't want to play back.... if he is happy back, surely he stays at the dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
OK. Now do swan turning into a kangaroo!!!!
This is all I got....
Mask Sing GIF by The Masked Singer UK & The Masked Dancer UK

Just out of interest wondering is Luke Parker related to my olde computer teacher who expelled one of my classmates. Back when computers were new while in class he got it to say in old computer speak “Mr Parker’s breathe smells like a dogs Anus”. Little did he know Mr Parker was in ear shot and the rest is history lol

Last edited:
Why would our ability to develop players have any impact on top players coming to us? They don’t need to be developed, we are bringing them in to develop others …

Errr that's probably the most important factor in deciding if one comes over or not.

Would you jump ship to go to another job if there is no clear career progression at that place?

Players need to be developed right through the career. Our main issue is the inability to develop the player beyond their 5th years. Players like swallow ziebell cunnington would be so so so much greater players had they gone to hawk, geelong etc.

For all the recruitments of 'big fish', we need to throw the kitchen sink in getting some really top of the line development staff who can provide much better professional development of players.

Luke Parker is a pipedream, keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed, its literally Viney all over again. We should be going hard at Lobb and Gardiner, ill take Darling for cheap too.

Luke Parker is a pipedream, keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed, its literally Viney all over again. We should be going hard at Lobb and Gardiner, ill take Darling for cheap too.

Darling is highly likely, lobb is a good candidate for last chancer like waite.

Errr that's probably the most important factor in deciding if one comes over or not.

Would you jump ship to go to another job if there is no clear career progression at that place?

Players need to be developed right through the career. Our main issue is the inability to develop the player beyond their 5th years. Players like swallow ziebell cunnington would be so so so much greater players had they gone to hawk, geelong etc.

For all the recruitments of 'big fish', we need to throw the kitchen sink in getting some really top of the line development staff who can provide much better professional development of players.
What a crock. These blokes we are talking about have one or 2 years left in their careers, and are being recruited to develop our players, not the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and your ongoing shit about Cunnington and Swallow not being A grade players is absolutely misguided. Even Ziebell was a top quality forward / midfielder at his prime.

Harry shouldn't be offered it....

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Disagree.

He'll have to toss the coin and do a few extra media appearances but not much else would have to change for Harry. He already leads from the front each week. I hope he's up for it but if he doesn't want it then all is good.

Oh and your ongoing shit about Cunnington and Swallow not being A grade players is absolutely misguided. Even Ziebell was a top quality forward / midfielder at his prime.

They would be so much more had they played for other clubs.

Our player development has been vastly below the standard, it was a miracle that we made 4 finals at all under Brad.

Until we address those issues we won't be getting any top players or success for that matter.

I hope Faff is right
give them a future 3rd rounder

Lobb has shown he can play KPD, KPF and ruck.
He's good mates with griff and tucker and to a lesser extent corr

Use him as a swingman with chom
Gotta say, I've long thought him the most over rated player almost of all time, Goldy set the world record for most hitouts in a game against him, not a great ruckman, not a great forward. Were trade rumours to North earlier in the year when he couldn't get a game,,,,didn't want,,,,then I saw him play down back and thought, nah, the dogs aren't gonna let him go.

That said, they are well stocked for talls and are probably gonna need some cap space. Him down back, darling up forward, and Parker in the middle, I think would be great if we can engineer it as a salary dump and keep our first 3 picks. Would take so much pressure off a lot of young players, and just watch them flourish. We've just had too much of a gap in our age profile for too long, to hand over the baton to the youngsters when they're ready. Good example I can readily recall is Cam Mooney not playing in the GF but talking to a clearly nervous Tom Hawkins in the rooms before the game. That's the sort of continuity we need to develop kids, and we aren't gonna get that by just hitting the draft every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back