Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to finally having some marking presence in our forward 50 in the coming years. Felt like every time we had an entry last season we just couldn’t take contested marks!
Our biggest weakness over the last 5 years has been the capitulation across HF. We have been running with very little marking power which has meant that for any team with an effective HB line (90% of teams) we have been a wet dream to play against.

On the behind the scenes Caddy video on Essendon website 6 minutes in Zane says to Caddy and I quote ' You're playing with my brother, you get to play on Anzac Day and Dreamtime at the G! That is sick!'

See you in 3 years Zane
Would make sense.....he'd be an established North player by then, which seems to be Bard's recruiting plan. Got Kayne Turner training with you in pre-season by any chance?

On the behind the scenes Caddy video on Essendon website 6 minutes in Zane says to Caddy and I quote ' You're playing with my brother, you get to play on Anzac Day and Dreamtime at the G! That is sick!'

See you in 3 years Zane
Zane doesn't strike me as the kind of kid who would let a club run a doping program on him.

Has far more sense than that.

See you in 3 years Zane
I think he would rather play in some winning finals tbh.

See you in 3 years Zane
He meant sick in the literal sense.

He could've also used the terms "sterile with irreparable motility issues" or simply said "potentially carcinogenic".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See you in 3 years Zane
On draft night When Michael Firrito presented Zane with his jumper you can clearly hear him whisper in Zane's ear, "I feel sorry for your brother Essendon are c*nts"

See you in 3 years Zane
We all know every kid grows up dreaming of playing alongside Xavier Duursma in a home and away game against Richmond.

See you in 3 years Zane
I assume he’s trying to console Caddy due to the fact that Caddy BFNAAK and just got drafted by * but hey that’s just me 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think Zane was saying..."they inject their players with all sorts of undisclosed substances....that's sick"

Or maybe....

"Jake Stringer is a grown arse man who has a thing for school girls....that's sick"

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Zane will be playing and winning finals. Finals>Home and Away
Calm down, they've won finals. Wait sorry, my 14yo is asking me something.
Yes, mate * have won finals.
Yes, I know you haven't see any of them.
Yes, but your Grandad dad. Mate trust me, it happened. I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back