Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

If Essendon draft Willem in 2025 and Zane hasn't extended past 2026, then the chatter from * flogs is going to become exhausting.

Furthermore, it'll be interesting to see how clubs treat extensions for draftees now. The immediate two year extension had become automatic as a standard practice, but I wonder how many first year extensions we even see this year with the new contract length for first round picks.

On the behind the scenes Caddy video on Essendon website 6 minutes in Zane says to Caddy and I quote ' You're playing with my brother, you get to play on Anzac Day and Dreamtime at the G! That is sick!'

See you in 3 years Zane

Weren't you lot saying Wardlaw would see out his contract then go straight up to wherever it is you train now?

And then he immediately extended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon draft Willem in 2025 and Zane hasn't extended past 2026, then the chatter from * flogs is going to become exhausting.

Furthermore, it'll be interesting to see how clubs treat extensions for draftees now. The immediate two year extension had become automatic as a standard practice, but I wonder how many first year extensions we even see this year with the new contract length for first round picks.
He's already extended past 26 - didn't they change the rule (the Harley rule?) that now all first round picks get 3 year contracts?

edit: Ahh dangit. I added it up wrong, he is contracted 24,25,26 not past it.

No need to borrow trouble.

He's already extended past 26 - didn't they change the rule (the Harley rule?) that now all first round picks get 3 year contracts?

edit: Ahh dangit. I added it up wrong, he is contracted 24,25,26 not past it.
No it's the *** rule.

There's a couple of key "ifs" there.

Secondly, I automatically tune out when * flogs open their cake holes. It's generally dribble.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

On the behind the scenes Caddy video on Essendon website 6 minutes in Zane says to Caddy and I quote ' You're playing with my brother, you get to play on Anzac Day and Dreamtime at the G! That is sick!'

See you in 3 years Zane

NORTH Melbourne is vying with Carlton over a deal for Port Adelaide midfielder Yasmin Duursma, with the Kangaroos hoping to pair the AFLW talent with her younger brother Zane at Arden Street.

So glad we are going after Yas - she is better and much harder than Xavier. He is the perfect soft ess player that will wilt in finals.

As for Zane what a massive upgrade he is on McKay - we turned average defender into a superstar!! A parting gift from Dodo who gave us 20 years of poor drafting and trading.

Also behind the scenes Caddy video on Essendon website Zane says to Caddy and I quote "Its just a shame you will never win a final while at essendon - at least my brother won one before joining"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back