Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

It sort of feels like we're playing 4 key forwards at the moment. Doesn't feel like he has the tank to be anything but a deepish marking target. Our forward 50 entries are largely rubbish, and we quite often have 3-4 blokes flying for the same ball. I'm not surprised he's having little impact. He's probably 2-3 years away

You'd think he's a couple of years off, but he has amazing skills that reek of AFL quality, he needs to want it, and it will happen.

Super exciting talent, and will have the turnstiles clicking .

Aaron Edwards was awesome to see live. Unfortunately wasn’t in Canberra for Winnies
That is the best mark I’ve ever seen, but wasn’t there at the ground. Such a shame that wasn’t allowed to win mark of the year due to being taken outside of the home and away season. What a stupid rule. I feel it often gets forgotten about too for whatever reason when whenever a tv show or program is reminiscing great marks throughout the history of the game.

It's called a pre season of running and 8kg of muscle

He is your modern age half forward flanker

He has the best natural marking leap and hands since Carey. I defy anyone to come up with someone better since the duck

Maybe Jarrod Waite?

Give him 3 pre seasons and with a bull CHF and Larkey , him as the third tall he is 50+ goal kicker

He will win games off his own boot.

Even at training during the week is one of the best kicks already.

Watch him glide down the wing, alternate bouncing with each hand and hit anyone on a lead lace out with perfect trajectory.

In my opinion, he will be our absolute star factor player within 2 years.

Sheezel will be consistently good, McKercher will be so smooth and cover the ground and Wardlaw will be hard as a cats head - but Duursma is something else.

He will win games on his own boot and will be the next superstar in our team. Is an absolutely jet and he already knows it!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wait till he gets a tank to get to more contests. He might be the best of the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speaking of 'tank'...Let's see how the win against Gold Coast at the end of last year plays out. Harley Reid would be nice...but let's see....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as his hanger was, I think I may have preferred his first mark.

Was a fantastically strong pack mark, probably the strongest pack mark taken by any of our players this year.

Given his body shape at the moment, he’s going to be ridiculous in the air in his mid 20’s.
Hes gonna get that many free kicks for blocking in 3 years time. No-one will want him having a run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma - out for 2024, undergoing shoulder surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back