Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Jokes on us

More butcher bailey Scott turning it over for our team

Pray it’s in the vfl instead
You wanted Tsatas
Carey Mulligan Shut Up GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just need guys like Bailey to keep improving 10-15% each year, in addition to the bolters and trade-ins.

Understand the detractors, but he has a good work ethic and can play. Tidy up the disposal and keep improving Bailey.

Happy to see him re-signed. We’ve got bigger and more obvious holes to fill than assuming we’ll readily find an upgrade on this guy.

Great news to have Bailey signed up, been very good again this year once he got moved back onto a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fringe player going forward as per his standing in the bnf

At the 18 round mark he was 17th, finished 14th despite playing every game

He can maybe be a good sub
He's still easily a best 22 player however no more time in defence, needs to be played on a wing.

I look forward to seeing Bailey continue as a regular in our team.

1726412990788.png

Suffered as a result of being thrown into the back 6. He isn’t a defender. He is a wingman and a good one at that. Unsure of why Ratten saw this and rated him, whilst Clarkson hasn’t. Hopefully it changes next year.
I think it’s about Clarko trying to get run and drive out of our backline. Same reason that Fisher was favoured despite some of his iffy choices.

Also one of the reasons Colby got so much time there and Goater was played there rather than the wing.

Suffered as a result of being thrown into the back 6. He isn’t a defender. He is a wingman and a good one at that. Unsure of why Ratten saw this and rated him, whilst Clarkson hasn’t. Hopefully it changes next year.

I think it’s about Clarko trying to get run and drive out of our backline. Same reason that Fisher was favoured despite some of his iffy choices.

Also one of the reasons Colby got so much time there and Goater was played there rather than the wing.
Clarkson is defensive minded coach. He saw defensive deficits in Scott snd others. Its teaching them they need to also defend. It was part the reason he put Sheezel on half back to start. Drafted as a forward but lets get these defensive elements into your game first. I think Baily has improved defensively when he plays up the ground. I’d go out on a limb and say its working

Clarkson is defensive minded coach. He saw defensive deficits in Scott snd others. Its teaching them they need to also defend. It was part the reason he put Sheezel on half back to start. Drafted as a forward but lets get these defensive elements into your game first. I think Baily has improved defensively when he plays up the ground. I’d go out on a limb and say its working
100%. I noticed Scott looked more confident in 1v1 situations. Specifically in the second half of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back