Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite the conundrum

There is one way to solve it….
Im not going to hate on the guy, he gives he's everything every time, is very serviceable and still young.

I pretty sure North see the limitations and the potential squeeze so the contract Scott is offered probably feels way unders to him. Im sure it'll be his call, but based on the contract (either price or longer term security).

Yes he's good, but consider we have LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Powell, Simkin and Phillips playing midfield.

Atm we have McKercher at half back, do we push one of the above out or does he take a wing?

Then we're likely to get another quality mid type this year as well.

Plus with Bergman, Hardeman, Fisher, Tucker, Archer all pushing for the smaller to mid defensive roles where do we play Goater? Play him back and force one the others out or would he slot nicely on a wing.

You’re always going to have one or two missing through injury.

Role players are important. Whether it’s Scott or someone similar.

Let these players demand a role. If they force themselves ahead of Scott, then great. Competition is good.

He's still uncontracted right, why haven't we pushed that offer in front of him yet? And if offer is made, why hasn't he signed it?
Who knows. I'm a little worried about him and Ford to be honest.

He might want a two year deal (to FA) while we might want to give him three or four years or vice versa.

Yep, 100%, but in that circumstance, you flop with the tackle. The rule is ****ed, but the maggot couldn't wait to ping him once his arm was raised.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you look upthread Better Loosen Up mentioned that he probably put his arms up to protect himself against the tackle and that's been my opinion seeing the incident again. Its so quick he doesn't have time to fend, extend his arms to handball or do anything really.

I think it was a shit decision that gets payed against us regularly but not against our opposition in the same game. I feel the umpires are looking to players like Jy and LDU to pay the free instead of watching the game and paying free kicks that occur. Those six htb decisions in two weeks are probably the fastest six frees for htb I've seen payed in that time. At most two of them were there.

Clarko singles Bailey out at the end of this video for his efforts in the last quarter.
Thoughts & prayers for Nostradamus…
Scott ain’t getting dropped anytime soon!
Or traded.

analysis! its far from analysis when your verdict is already made up, the correct definition is indoctrination.

Granted he is no cunnington, or sheezel for that matter but when he plays withing his capabilities his usage is fair, has a huge tank and the squibbing calls from some on here whist overlooking sleevos are comical. that 1 on 1 contest against anderson late in the game was huge and without a 1 on 1 win there we lose the game, no less important than sheezel gtting a hand to the other defensive play forcing a turnover. plain and simple, fwiw iam not sure he will be part of a top 4 best 22 especially a dominant one like the hawks and brisbane triple flag teams but he is so far from being outside our current best 22 its moot at present.
I agree. You’re preaching to the converted.

Clarko singles Bailey out at the end of this video for his efforts in the last quarter.
Thoughts & prayers for Nostradamus…
Scott ain’t getting dropped anytime soon!

I'd been incredibly frustrated by Scott up until 3/4 time. He works hard but his decision-making and execution with ball in hand had been poor and often momentum-killing. It seems he doesn't trust himself to hit targets 25 metres away when they are in the clear, so goes down the line to a contest and that often leads directly to a turnover.

His Q4 was very good. Seemed to be a slightly different role, with less rebound from the defensive 50 and a bit more contested ball.

I'd been incredibly frustrated by Scott up until 3/4 time. He works hard but his decision-making and execution with ball in hand had been poor and often momentum-killing. It seems he doesn't trust himself to hit targets 25 metres away when they are in the clear, so goes down the line to a contest and that often leads directly to a turnover.

His Q4 was very good. Seemed to be a slightly different role, with less rebound from the defensive 50 and a bit more contested ball.
No doubt Baileys disposal is questionable at times. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has been instructed to go long down the line unless he is fully confident he can hit the inside kick.
Not every player in the 22 should be taking risks with their kicks. Know your limitations.
You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to Bailey & generally his good outweighs the bad.
He may get replaced in the coming years as our young stars develop, but at the moment he is easily best 22 & not getting dropped anytime soon.
I’m pretty sure 4x premiership coach, Al Clarkson agrees with me.
I just find it hilarious how much Bailey Scott lives rent free in The Nostradamus’ head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^i think he was surprised he actually did something not detrimental for once especially after his first 3 quarters
He had some poor moments early but got better and better as the game went on and was colossal in the last quarter.

He put his body on the line for contest after contest.

We wouldn't have won without his efforts.

You’re always going to have one or two missing through injury.

Role players are important. Whether it’s Scott or someone similar.

Let these players demand a role. If they force themselves ahead of Scott, then great. Competition is good.
Yes i get it, but why cant people understand and that would require him being paid like a role/ depth player. Surely a deal that reflects at least that has been put to him already and there's no signature.

No doubt Baileys disposal is questionable at times. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has been instructed to go long down the line unless he is fully confident he can hit the inside kick.
Not every player in the 22 should be taking risks with their kicks. Know your limitations.
You have to take the good with the bad when it comes to Bailey & generally his good outweighs the bad.
He may get replaced in the coming years as our young stars develop, but at the moment he is easily best 22 & not getting dropped anytime soon.
I’m pretty sure 4x premiership coach, Al Clarkson agrees with me.
I just find it hilarious how much Bailey Scott lives rent free in The Nostradamus’ head.
pity he has to share it with Pink, and iam sure there's not a lot of room in ol mates head for 2 blokes to be camped out rent free. but anyway wont be the case for long as he assures us all that they will be dropped and traded and his resident gun bignua will be in the team with marley finbar crashing packs.

Some players are indispensable because they are they most talented (LDU, Sheez, Wardlaw, Larkey etc), and some are indispensable because they play a role so effectively.

Bailey Scott is in the latter category. Watching the replay (again), the number of times Scott got back deep into a defensive pocket to provide the last link in a chain of handballs or kicks for defenders who needed an option was striking. Scott then regularly took it 15 to 20 by foot, and then made a 50 kick to centre wing, providing time and ground for his team to reorganise.

Just hope the trade rumour to Brisbane is only that, a rumour

Most under appreciated player we have.
Has limitations no doubt but works so hard and this allows others to shine who have more talent in moving the ball.
Is absolutely in the must keep age demographic of our list and at the 100 game level and will continue to improve.
Back to back top 3 in b&f yet people only see what they want to see
Frustrates the hell out of me

Every premiership team has dependable role players. He will undoubtedly improve with the rising tide. There have been many other lesser beings who played in premiership teams that were made to look good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back