Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey with his non stop run is crucial to to our structure. Mistakes he makes is probably because he runs 40kms a game. Anyone calling for him to be dropped needs their head read!
It's weird. You watch games and every week players make mistakes. Even the best sides. They all make mistakes.

Clearly you don't want Scott in a "creative" role. But his link up play with his stamina is important.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

It's weird. You watch games and every week players make mistakes. Even the best sides. They all make mistakes.

Clearly you don't want Scott in a "creative" role. But his link up play with his stamina is important.

Even Sheeze makes errors every week.

No one has ever played a perfect game.

When you can turn errors into magic like that faux fumble in the guts its really not a fair comparison to compare any player to sheezel!
LOL - Sheeze makes ordinary errors that don't work out too...

That was pretty wild tho.

Watched his game and especially the last quarter and I thought to myself surely no one can hassle Scott this week
how wrong was i !
our pressure has been through the roof the last few weeks, but some don't seem to see that you need players who have the endurance ( & want) to run their ar$es off for that to be successful.
The coaches would love him. Big footy.. well not so much

Watched his game and especially the last quarter and I thought to myself surely no one can hassle Scott this week
how wrong was i !
our pressure has been through the roof the last few weeks, but some don't seem to see that you need players who have the endurance ( & want) to run their ar$es off for that to be successful.
Sam Gibson says hi

how wrong was i !
IMO, a more important re-signing than Cam Z.

There were 3 howlers/brainfarts in the game -

Stephens squib - GC goals
Bailey kicks to a 4v1 - kick, kick, kick, goal.
Jy takes on 2 tacklers 30m out - goal.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just had a proper look at that free against Jy and I'm even more pissed off about it. He was tackled as he got the ball. Ridiculous decision in front of the opposition goals and even the commentators said as much. He had 1/10th the time Yeo had with the ball before he was tackled I reckon.

I just had a proper look at that free against Jy and I'm even more pissed off about it. He was tackled as he got the ball. Ridiculous decision in front of the opposition goals and even the commentators said as much. He had 1/10th the time Yeo had with the ball before he was tackled I reckon.
Agree. Had his hand up to hold his position before he even got the ball. I don't think that's prior opportunity if you haven't even collected it yet. Dumb decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about it, you take the ball out of the air, turn your head to see someone is about to grab you, putting an arm out to protect yourself is a pretty natural, instinctive reaction in those circumstances.

There were 3 howlers/brainfarts in the game -

Stephens squib - GC goals
Bailey kicks to a 4v1 - kick, kick, kick, goal.
Jy takes on 2 tacklers 30m out - goal.

I recall a moment in the last where Xerri was running into an open goal and instead kicked it short to two Suns defenders. Maybe I'm misremembering, got a bit lightheaded at the end of the game

How often he provides the outlet or assistance in defence.

I don't see Stephen's doing that defensive running. He goes to the last dangerous empty space on purpose. Watch him at games.
I like Scott, but id agree he's a 'potential' trade.

We're building out a pretty talented midfield group and likely adding an extra one this year. Its to wild to consider he could face a squeeze in the next few years given he's pretty much limited to the wing, doesn't rack up big numbers or hurt teams by foot that often. Yet still a very good player i think any team would give up a pick in the 20s for.

So do we take a mid 20s pick now with the depth of this draft where some key forward talent is lurking and get him to a club where he wont face as much positional squeeze? Or do we risk it hope he doesn't get squeezed despite the enormous talent coming though?

I like Scott, but id agree he's a 'potential' trade.

We're building out a pretty talented midfield group and likely adding an extra one this year. Its to wild to consider he could face a squeeze in the next few years given he's pretty much limited to the wing, doesn't rack up big numbers or hurt teams by foot that often. Yet still a very good player i think any team would give up a pick in the 20s for.

So do we take a mid 20s pick now with the depth of this draft where some key forward talent is lurking and get him to a club where he wont face as much positional squeeze? Or do we risk it hope he doesn't get squeezed despite the enormous talent coming though?
If he wants to stay we keep him.

Yes he has his flaws but he busts his arse to make options and contests. Its the same sort of effort you see with Wardlaw or Jacko. Its different cos of his different abilities but he has the same level of commitment.

Yes he's good, but consider we have LDU, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Powell, Simkin and Phillips playing midfield.

Atm we have McKercher at half back, do we push one of the above out or does he take a wing?

Then we're likely to get another quality mid type this year as well.

Plus with Bergman, Hardeman, Fisher, Tucker, Archer all pushing for the smaller to mid defensive roles where do we play Goater? Play him back and force one the others out or would he slot nicely on a wing.

If he wants to stay we keep him.

Yes he has his flaws but he busts his arse to make options and contests. Its the same sort of effort you see with Wardlaw or Jacko. Its different cos of his different abilities but he has the same level of commitment.
Its not that simple though, much depends on the length and size of the contract he's after. If he's cheap then of course sign him up im all for it, if not im not against trading him is all im saying. Which would be his call because he'd feel the contract wasn't suitable.

Its not that simple though, much depends on the length and size of the contract he's after. If he's cheap then of course sign him up im all for it, if not im not against trading him is all im saying.
Fair enough.

He might get a good deal tho cos when we were shit he was one of our best players. Sure we can say "good results in a B&F in a shit team don't count" but I don't agree with that.

I recall a moment in the last where Xerri was running into an open goal and instead kicked it short to two Suns defenders. Maybe I'm misremembering, got a bit lightheaded at the end of the game
If it's the same play, that was Eddie.
LDU also had a moment when he should have just pinged it from 50.

Fair enough.

He might get a good deal tho cos when we were shit he was one of our best players. Sure we can say "good results in a B&F in a shit team don't count" but I don't agree with that.
He's still uncontracted right, why haven't we pushed that offer in front of him yet? And if offer is made, why hasn't he signed it?

Yep, 100%, but in that circumstance, you flop with the tackle. The rule is ****ed, but the maggot couldn't wait to ping him once his arm was raised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back