Tish

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
So as the last round approaches, this has been a terrible year for injuries. 85+ season ending injuries is a damning stat to any new rules bought into the game.

17 teams, 45 players on each list is 765 players. 11% of all players are roughly out for the year. Damning stats for the new sub rule I would think.

Re: 85+ season ending injuries

No on picked up on the spelling mistake yet....

Yes, it's 2 rounds to go, but you obviously don't take into account the injuries half way through the year

What exactly is season ending? Being placed on the LTI? Some players have 'season ending' injuries and come back 10 weeks later. Also some of these are impact/landing injuries that aren't really relevant to the sub rule, ie. Morris fib/tib.

What will be more damning for the new sub rule is figures on overall injuries, especially things like general soreness, soft tissue and stress injuries.

Re: 85+ season ending injuries

Can collision injuries be attributed to sub rule? A lot of collision injuries this year, I guess they aimed to slow the game down, which hasn't happened

Drunk and shit keyboard doesn't help.

Using the 2010 stats, not including any "season ending" from round 20 onwards for teams unable to make the 8 (list management) The figure is about 20% higher and general injuries are up around the same %

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So long as the coaches train the shit out of the players and come up with plays that involve kamikaze gut running and running backward into monster packs (it was his turn, dammit) it will be so.

Last year MM come up with this intense forward press. Most teams have copied it to some extent. Without the 3 seasons of training.

Look at Essendon and how it flogged its team preseason. Akermanis just complained about the lack of injury recuperation equipment at the Bulldogs.

I reckon they keep 3 on the bench. I don't want this game to end up looking like 120 minutes of rugby scrum around the ball.

So as the last round approaches, this has been a terrible year for injuries. 85+ season ending injuries is a damning stat to any new rules bought into the game.

17 teams, 45 players on each list is 765 players. 11% of all players are roughly out for the year. Damning stats for the new sub rule I would think.

brought

The sub rule has been a failure of epic proportions. But the AFL will never admit it.

Wow, hyperbole much?

You say it's been a failure, yet your team have climbed from 7th last year to outright 3rd this year - I take it however, that you haven't enjoyed the season as all those wins have been soured by the sight of that lime-green jacket?

As for epic proportions, that suggests that this has been a truly abysmal AFL season, yet it seems that it has been...actually quite normal. A few floggings to be sure, but I suspect Gold Coast (er, and Port :eek:) have more to do with that than the number of players on the bench.

Ultimately, what does it matter? Not that long ago the bench had only 2 players, no sub, but it didn't ruin footy while we went from there to 4 players on the bench, so I'm pretty sure that if we all take a deep breath, relax a bit, and just enjoy the game that we'll realise that a few tweaks here and there will not undermine the pleasure of watching a game of aussie rules football :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

85+ seaon ending injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back