Roast ACL Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lions currently have 5 season ending ACL injuries > Kalin Lane, Lincoln McCarthy, Keidean Coleman, Tom Doedee and Darcy Gardiner.

Only just got Will Ashcroft back from an ACL mid 2023 season.
How many of these 5 ACL's were at the Gabba?
That's where Gawn did his PCL, Ashcroft did his ACL last year, and I think Doherty this year did his ACL at the Gabba as well?

That seems like a lot at one ground.

How many of these 5 ACL's were at the Gabba?
That's where Gawn did his PCL, Ashcroft did his ACL last year, and I think Doherty this year did his ACL at the Gabba as well?

That seems like a lot at one ground.
Lane- Brighton Homes Arena(our training base) during reserves game, leg twisted at a bad angle.
McCarthy- Gabba, innocuous incident.
Coleman- Gabba, kicked his shin into an opponent with quite a bit of force.
Doedee- BHA, played one game back from previous ACL in the reserves and then did it again at training.
Gardiner- Gabba, innocuous incident in the same game as McCarthy did his.

Or, hear me out, the interchange cap is putting too much stress on players bodies.
I remember there being a spike in ACLs in 2013 when there was no cap and they averaged 130 intercahages a game.

20 years ago there were far less interchanges and it was common for mids to play 90-95% TOG with a lot less stoppages.

I'm no doctor but I do think anecdotally the greater number of turnovers mean more sudden changes of directions for players which could put more stress on the joints.

Lane- Brighton Homes Arena(our training base) during reserves game, leg twisted at a bad angle.
McCarthy- Gabba, innocuous incident.
Coleman- Gabba, kicked his shin into an opponent with quite a bit of force.
Doedee- BHA, played one game back from previous ACL in the reserves and then did it again at training.
Gardiner- Gabba, innocuous incident in the same game as McCarthy did his.
Yeah right. That's crazy bad luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast ACL Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back