8th by tonight ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring Back Jezza

Debutant
Jun 21, 2010
Yucca Valley
AFL Club
Carlton
Looking at the ladder with Hawthorn winning ( romping it in actually ) & if Sydney win tonight ( if the Bulldogs play like last week thats a distinct possibilty , if not probable ) we will find ourselves in 8th position.
This will make the game against the Dockers a " blockbuster " for us.

BBJ

Even if we were, we would still be playing next week for a home final, and then waiting on results to see if we stay there.

Doubt Sydney will get up, and doubt Hawks will beat the Pies.

The game next week is already huge, regardless of other results...

I hope we play Hawthorn th efirst week of the finals. I don't want to win a game against a average side just to say we won a final. I would rather beat Hawthorn. If we did that it would definately give us belief for the next week.And we would play another game at the G.
Having said this i dón't want to play swan at the SCG. If we played them at the olympic ground then i wouldn't mind so much. But the SCG is a small ground and a massive advantage to them.

Swans to beat Dogs
Pies to beat Hawks
Blues to beat Dockers

Finals

Swans v Hawks in Sydney
Blues v Dockers in Melbourne

If Dogs beat Swans, and the rest happens, we play Hawks. If Dogs beat Swans and Dockers beat Blues, then we are in Subi for our first final. If Swans beat Dogs and Dockers beat Blues, then we are in Sydney.

As a team that is success starved for a decade and one that has gone the longest out of all teams as far as playing in a winning final, I don't give two hoots about taking on the strongest team to prove ourselves in week one. The Hawks are a physically draining team and we are not strong enough for them. A winning final would be an improvement since last year and I don't care who it is against.

Dogs to beat Swans
Pies to beat Hawks
Blues to beat Dockers

Finals

Swans v Hawks in Sydney
Blues v Dockers in Melbourne

As a team that is success starved for a decade and one that has gone the longest out of all teams as far as playing in a winning final, I don't give two hoots about taking on the strongest team to prove ourselves in week one. The Hawks are a physically draining team and we are not strong enough for them. A winning final would be an improvement since last year and I don't care who it is against.

OK. Make it happen :D

We're not going to go in soft next week, but neither are we guaranteed to give our all either, being that we already have finals at hand.
Fremantle are in the same position, so who really knows who is going to be harder at the ball come next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sydney wins, its probably a good result.

Should mean we don't have to make the long trip to Perth twice, and if we do win next week, likely to play Freo in Melbourne, having just beaten them.

Question: Which winner from 5v8/6v7 v's the loser from 1v4?

EDIT: Just noticed ODN already given the detailed version :)

Really annoyed that Crows let the game against the Pies slip. What that means is that Pies have the minor premiership and therefore are playing next week against the Hawks just to maintain form. They may even rest players. Sucks that Hawks could be the beneficiaries of this twice in a row at the end of the season.

Option A) If Carlton lose to Freo, Swans beat Brisbane, mark us down for a first up final in Sydney, the least wanted scenario for mine.

Option B) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn beat Pies, Swans beat Brisbane, we take on Hawthorn in Melbourne.

Option C) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn lose to Pies, we take on Freo in Melbourne.

Option D) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn lose to Pies, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Hawks in Melbourne.

Option E) Carlton beat Freo, Hawks beat Pies, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Swans in Melbourne.

Option F) Carlton lose to Freo, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Freo at Subiaco.

So all games are on at different times.

Carlton are up first, win and we hope for Hawthorn loss then a Sydney win. If Sydney lose then we play them in Melbourne. If both win, we stay in Melbourne and play Hawthorn anyway.

If Carlton lose, we go to Sydney or Perth ... period.

Really annoyed that Crows let the game against the Pies slip. What that means is that Pies have the minor premiership and therefore are playing next week against the Hawks just to maintain form. They may even rest players. Sucks that Hawks could be the beneficiaries of this twice in a row at the end of the season.

Option A) If Carlton lose to Freo, Swans beat Brisbane, mark us down for a first up final in Sydney, the least wanted scenario for mine.

Option B) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn beat Pies, Swans beat Brisbane, we take on Hawthorn in Melbourne.

Option C) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn lose to Pies, we take on Freo in Melbourne.

Option D) Carlton beat Freo, Hawthorn lose to Pies, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Hawks in Melbourne.

Option E) Carlton beat Freo, Hawks beat Pies, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Swans in Melbourne.

Option F) Carlton lose to Freo, Swans lose to Brisbane, we take on Freo at Subiaco.

So all games are on at different times.

Carlton are up first, win and we hope for Hawthorn loss then a Sydney win. If Sydney lose then we play them in Melbourne. If both win, we stay in Melbourne and play Hawthorn anyway.

If Carlton lose, we go to Sydney or Perth ... period.

I like Option C :thumbsu:

So basically we win, we get to play in Melbourne.

We lose, we have to travel.

Destiny in our own hands - I like it.

Yep. Next Friday night's game is a mini-final. If we show the intensity we showed for much of last night, we will beat Freo & I would be more than happy to play them again the following week in Melbourne.

Either way this pans out next week, unless we play Freo in the 1st final, I reckon we have no chance of going forward in the finals. I don't think we have got what it takes to beat any of the other 7 teams in the top 8 besides Freo, judging on recent form.
However, as they say any team can win any given day, just takes one of them to have a bad one!

I'd be surprised if Malthouse would be happy with a narrow win to Adelaide and a loss to Hawthorn as preparation for the finals.

Preference I think would be to smash the Hawks and re-establish the confidence of the past 7/8 weeks going into the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

8th by tonight ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back