AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Has shown poise in traffic on numerous occasions to find time to detect a loose teammate. It’s what separates the stars from the satellites. Pendlebury and Merrett do it effortlessly. Shiel not so effortlessly, but does it nonetheless.
Yep, has been important.

TBH, I am giving him another year. Get parish back distributing by hand to Shiel, Caldwell & Durham and I think we look 100% better. Esp with Stringer struggling to break free in the middle.

Tsatas needs another year with 70% vfl IMO.

I am still letting him go if he wants out and someone wants him. His level is good but we have Hobbs coming through and Parish long term. We are unlikely to trade out one of Hobbs / Parish / Tsatas ang Dylan has had injury issues for a few years in a row now.

Seems a lot cleaner with ball use than after he got Essington'd pretty much soon as he came through our doors. Quite evasive and still has genuine pace - this is the player you would give up good picks for (at the age we got him).

I am still letting him go if he wants out and someone wants him. His level is good but we have Hobbs coming through and Parish long term. We are unlikely to trade out one of Hobbs / Parish / Tsatas ang Dylan has had injury issues for a few years in a row now.

Plus Hobbs and Tsatas need to be given more opportunity in the seniors to see if they can make it.

I think it'll be a token trade if he wants out - we're not getting anything more than a minor pick upgrade or a 4th rounder. Look at what Hawthorn got for Jordan Lewis a few years ago who was around the same age and in better form and health (they got picks 48 and 66 and gave back 57 and 68).

Plus Hobbs and Tsatas need to be given more opportunity in the seniors to see if they can make it.

I think it'll be a token trade if he wants out - we're not getting anything more than a minor pick upgrade or a 4th rounder. Look at what Hawthorn got for Jordan Lewis a few years ago who was around the same age and in better form and health (they got picks 48 and 66 and gave back 57 and 68).
Sssshhhhh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel - 3AW interview -16/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back