Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Will Jess Sinclair be selected this week?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was having a punt, my top 3 ATM would be a box trifecta between Shagga, Arch & Leroy.

Have all done a 'job' and been outstanding in most games so far.

sross said:
I'm not knocking Jess at all as he is having a great season and would be right up there but he is playing the role of the defender who runs past and takes the handball or short kick. That is why his stats are so high. He is playing the role to perfection and giving us great drive.

I also think that Grant would be ahead at this point in the season.

Yep. Me too. Grant for mine at the moment. Sinclair has been so consitent though and Grant has been playing his best footy of hi career IMO, not sure if Grant can sustain that level. I reckon Jess might strengthen for the Syd as the season wears on.

Lidge said:
If I was having a punt, my top 3 ATM would be a box trifecta between Shagga, Arch & Leroy.

Have all done a 'job' and been outstanding in most games so far.

I certainly would not be putting Brown in the running. Was good early but his form has dropped off. He was poo against the Lions.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
but actually last night i had a dream that he got dropped this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trouble. Losing Jess and playing Sav. Play a runner.

Is JWS an emergency? Play him or Watson.

NorthBhoy said:
Trouble. Losing Jess and playing Sav. Play a runner.

Is JWS an emergency? Play him or Watson.
We already brought in Pratt, so in a sense it would become Pratt for Sinclair and Rocca for Le Cras. Doesn't look too bad, although I would have given others a game over Pratt.

scooby1279 said:
Got told by someone at the club at training today. Sinclair apparently has knee soreness. And sav will be in.

Do you or anyone think that this will make us top heavy with Jess out?

laidley has already said that sav wont play and that he will saty an emergency unless something happens to won of the 22 players listed for tomorrow nights game if anyone wants to read about it go to the afl site also sinclair to play saturday night laidley hasnt said anything about jess having knee soreness so hes obviously going to play saturday night

nicole said:
laidley has already said that sav wont play and that he will saty an emergency unless something happens to won of the 22 players listed for tomorrow nights game if anyone wants to read about it go to the afl site also sinclair to play saturday night laidley hasnt said anything about jess having knee soreness so hes obviously going to play saturday night

Not trying to be disrespecful Nicole, but I don't understand whether you are being serious or not with this post?

Rocca unlikely to come in
12:43:13 PM Fri 1 July, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Kangaroos coach Dean Laidley says it's unlikely long-kicking full-forward Sav Rocca will be a late inclusion for Saturday night's clash against Essendon at Telstra Dome.

Rocca, who has played 10 matches this season - including the opening nine rounds - has played in the VFL since he was dropped for the Kangaroos' clash against Richmond in round 12.

But he booted 10 goals for Port Melbourne last weekend and looked set to be included for the club's important match against the Bombers. However, Laidley said Rocca will remain an emergency, barring any mishap to any player in the named 22.

"He's named as an emergency, so unless anything happens, I wouldn't imagine so. We'll just go with what we think and unfortunately right now, he's not in," Laidley said on Friday.

Asked what Rocca, who sits 18th on the list for the most number of goals in VFL/AFL history, needs to do to get back into the side, Laidley said it was not simply based on the number of goals he kicks at VFL level.

"If he had have kicked one goal (last week, it wouldn't have made a difference this week)," Laidley said.

"He's kicked 10 goals on a bloke, who is probably five foot 10 and weighs 75 kilos, so I don't know how much you can read into 10 goals.

"I said to him that it's not just about kicking goals, it's the way he goes about it and (it's about) the structure we believe can win the game. He just misses out, so we get on with it."

But Laidley said the current make-up of the team was 'not necessarily' working any better without Rocca, now that Nathan Thompson has become the key tall up forward.

"When you look at our pre-season, we won three or four out of five and we won our first five," Laidley said.

"If you look at the opposition that we played against on those given weeks, that's why it probably worked.

"So it's a horses for courses thing and you just pick what you think is the best forward line structure to kick you a winning score."

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Back