Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Will Jess Sinclair be selected this week?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Gav get a real go, but that may be wishful thinking.

I don't think it is as wishful as you think.
Two games where he was up with the best, training the house down and Laidley mentioned him again after the Freo game.

If he does something good against Melbourne ( in a full strength squad) I reckon he will be there rd. 1.

Power was already in the side mate.

He has played every game this year post intra - the Bulldogs, the Lions, the Dockers and he'll front up against the fc's next week.

Sinclair could have been fit, made captain, and handed Harding, Grima and Thomas' gold passes and Power would still play.

Power is the very description of the sort of 'trains hard, does everything he is told' robot, picked up during trade week for a mid range draft pick, that Laidley will ignore the slow painful onesidedness of, to select every ****ing week.

Mick Stevens, Lance Picioane, Kasey Green*, Sam Power.

(* Must confess a softspot for Kasey, earned a lot of respect in two seasons.)

Ok... then it puts it beyond doubt. So therefore you're post makes more sense than mine and I'm siding with ya:D

Well he's no rookie, 83 games in a pile of seasons at the Bulldogs, and would I suspect have had as much game time as anyone so far this preseason.

He's going to turn out a decent performance occasionally, and he was picked up to play as a defensive back to release Smith into the midfield (because none of the other 22 half back flankers we have was fit or able to perform that role).
Awesome - he plays well and still gets bagged. Great stuff.

There would seriously be 100 posters on this board watching Power every week and secretly hoping he stuffs up so they can say I told you so.

Jess's loss is severely magnified by the injuries of Wells and Smith.

I have no idea who will fill the set up role coming off half back.

Probably Harding, as Lower is more a run with type. The again, there is Hardings disposal issues.

It looks to me that Laidley has no choice but to play Riggio and/or Urquart.

So much for seeing Pratty and Spud further upfield early in the year.:rolleyes:

Awesome - he plays well and still gets bagged. Great stuff.

There would seriously be 100 posters on this board watching Power every week and secretly hoping he stuffs up so they can say I told you so.
We're discussing 44 professional, full time, paid footballers.

We are not paying the guy to 'train hard, be a good guy' - we're also not paying the selectors and recuiring guys to arse around and select average footballers.

There's masses of faith involved here, I honestly hope the guy does well, because I suspect he's going to be selected regardless of form more often than not.

But FFS, if we can't assess the merits of the selection, drafting and trading of players, we may as well shut the ****ing site down.

We're discussing 44 professional, full time, paid footballers.

We are not paying the guy to 'train hard, be a good guy' - we're also not paying the selectors and recuiring guys to arse around and select average footballers.

There's masses of faith involved here, I honestly hope the guy does well, because I suspect he's going to be selected regardless of form more often than not.

But FFS, if we can't assess the merits of the selection, drafting and trading of players, we may as well shut the ****ing site down.

Agree 100%

What a ridiculous thing to say, Pres. If we can't cast a critical gaze over our list, and our club, and post our honest opinions on those subjects, then what the fcuk are we all here for ? To trade baking tips ? (Okay, granted, that's what Nim's here for, but the rest of us...)

It's no crime to make a call on a player, a coaching decision, or a trade. And if you turn out to be wrong, then people bump threads, and point and laugh. (Of course, this has never happened to me, but I have seen it happen this way with others, many times.) It's the BF way.

"100 posters on this board watching Power every week and secretly hoping he stuffs up so they can say I told you so".

You honestly believe that ? Is that what you believe motivates posters on this board ? You honestly believe that kind of attitude exists in the hearts and minds of North fans ?

Ridiculous. Especially given the events of the last 12 months.

Look, there's traces of nuts in almost everything these days, but in general terms, I personally choose to have a much higher opinion of my fellow North Melbourne supporters. It is precisely the quality of the North fan's character that helps to set us apart from other clubs.

Agree 100%

What a ridiculous thing to say, Pres. If we can't cast a critical gaze over our list, and our club, and post our honest opinions on those subjects, then what the fcuk are we all here for ? To trade baking tips ? (Okay, granted, that's what Nim's here for, but the rest of us...)

It's no crime to make a call on a player, a coaching decision, or a trade. And if you turn out to be wrong, then people bump threads, and point and laugh. (Of course, this has never happened to me, but I have seen it happen this way with others, many times.) It's the BF way.

"100 posters on this board watching Power every week and secretly hoping he stuffs up so they can say I told you so".

You honestly believe that ? Is that what you believe motivates posters on this board ? You honestly believe that kind of attitude exists in the hearts and minds of North fans ?

Ridiculous. Especially given the events of the last 12 months.

Look, there's traces of nuts in almost everything these days, but in general terms, I personally choose to have a much higher opinion of my fellow North Melbourne supporters. It is precisely the quality of the North fan's character that helps to set us apart from other clubs.

Well said TOD. I give this post a 5 star rating.

Yeah I do.

Sounds like an honest opinion to me. And, if I'm expressing my honest opinion, the Board also contains numerous honest opinions about others' honest opinions. Such as yours above TOD. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like an honest opinion to me. And, if I'm expressing my honest opinion, the Board also contains numerous honest opinions about others' honest opinions. Such as yours above TOD. ;)

The age and maturity range of posters is very diverse.

They are all entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong or ...... it may be .

I would like to think a negative opinion of "Brown" would be followed by rapture if he succeeded as a footballer instead of what we get .... amd .....

There are some who may be a bit smug if their opinion of a player proves to be correct but they may also be rapt if power turns out to be a great player .

Yeah I do.
thatcher-margaret-photo-margaret-thatcher-6230207.jpg

Name them.

Sinclair injury not all doom and gloom
By Jennifer Witham
3:09 PM Tue 04 March, 2008

NORTH Melbourne defender Jess Sinclair hopes the club will ultimately benefit from his six-week injury layoff, having earmarked two young Roos to battle for his position in the senior side.

Sinclair looks unlikely to play before round four of the home-and-away season after undergoing surgery to re-attach ligaments in his right thumb.

While the 29-year-old is disappointed to have suffered the injury in Saturday's NAB Challenge clash with Fremantle, he is optimistic some of the club's young guns will receive valuable experience as a result.

"I reckon Gavin Urquhart, the young kid from Queensland [could stand up]," Sinclair said, after being released from hospital on Tuesday.

"He's played the NAB Cup and the last two practice matches and he's been very impressive.

"Also Lachlan Hansen, he's our No.3 draft pick from two years ago, and he's also played every game and looks very positive.

"I reckon one of those two will most likely step up and hopefully they can play a role."

Sinclair said it was frustrating to hear how severe the injury was, after initially believing the joint was merely dislocated.

"I basically received a handball and tried to do a blind turn, and I tripped on someone on the way through," he explained.

"I lost my balance and fell, and as I went down on the ground, I had the ball in one hand and I've just put my other hand out for balance. My thumb got caught on the ground and all my weight came down on it.

"It was dislocated at the start, and you usually just put them back in and you're right to go again, but when I couldn't move it, the doctor said I'd done my ligaments and I would be out for a while.

"It's so frustrating, doing the whole pre-season and then coming up to round one and I'm going to not be playing."

Sinclair had screws inserted into the thumb and the ligaments reattached, and expects to be running again in "about a week", given the swelling subsides. He will also "more than likely" wear a hand guard on return to the game.

The former Docker will now effectively re-start his pre-season training, with the nature of the injury initially restricting him to mainly fitness-related drills.

"They are the worst injuries to have because you can do just about everything but touch the footy, which is very painful," he said.

"I've done a pre-season and it looks like I'm going to be doing another one in the next couple of weeks."

Glad that Gav was mentioned as a possbile replacement!

Jess would be mimicking Laidley.

If Gav steps up vs Melb, I reckon he is in - and that is very exciting.

Name them.

Yep.

What do you say, Georgie W ? Up for naming a few names ??

If you reckon there's 100 duds out there, belting out 25 or so names shouldn't be a struggle.

I'll start you off.....

1. Ned Isakov

George Negus interviews and obscure Seinfeld references. I love it.

What is remarkable about TOD's post, is that he knows only a handful of readers are going to get that. But he still throws it out there. Integrity and commitment to comedy unrivalled.

If this was at the end of last year, relocation would no doubt be tied into this article.

Good to hear positive spins in articles like these.

Hopefully Judas gets a bit more fire in the belly as his decent year tapered off a bit towards the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #9: Jess Sinclair - traded to NM as part of Bell deal - 142 games for NM - delisted/retired end '08

Back