Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the bits that I liked from his speech was the acknowledgment that fans have been through the wringer.

He’s a deserving winner and if he plays the whole year next year and with natural maturing of the midfield he’ll in all likelihood go back to back.

Perhaps the reason the love hasn't been flowing in LDU's personal thread.

I'm about 95% certain he will re-sign, but until he does there is a still a chance he will break all our hearts.

elton john legend GIF

Good on him. More than anything it should emphasise that he's doing what coaches want and that his defensive efforts are not as lazy as sometime painted (I'm one who often thinks he could/should be doing more, but at the same time i'm blind when it comes to seeing the mechanics of all the off the ball stuff at a stoppage.)

Only thing I will ask more of him, is to take the shot when he's 55 out and running. Too often he's 40 meters or less out and still tries to pass it off to someone in a better (questionable!) position, all while pressure is brewing everywhere. If he gets his confidence up with this type of stuff he genuinely will be the cream of the crop Elite with a capital e, league wide.

I'm about 95% certain he will re-sign, but until he does there is a still a chance he will break all our hearts.
Better rack that up to 100%, not sure if it was late last year or early this year but I did say Luke is not going anywhere, HE LOVES THIS CLUB, and wants to be there when success comes our way after all the stuff we've gone through + with his dad passing away, some people do go for the money, he wont, Luke is very loyal to us.

Winning his first Syd will no doubt increase his salary but he deserves it with the way he plays contrary to some people on here who either don't think he's that good or that we should have traded him, good grief, I've seen some things posted about our players which sometimes I just raise my eyebrows, but some of those comments on Luke about getting good draft picks FOR HIM and "he's never going to be that player" beggars belief!

WELL DONE LUKE DAVIES UNIACKE !
💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

NOW FOR 2025!
Afl Ld GIF by North Melbourne FC
North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

Same here. The rumour is the Aints have offered $6mil over 5 years. Thats a lot of dosh. Not sure how close we have to get to get it signed.

Same here. The rumour is the Aints have offered $6mil over 5 years. Thats a lot of dosh. Not sure how close we have to get to get it signed.
We don't have to get that close He loves the club and will be paid what he and we think he is worth which is plenty. I was told many months ago he was not going anywhere nothing has changed.

He's definitely done the right thing waiting for the completed year to negotiate.

He played 23/24 games, got through uninjured, carried the midfield, and won his first Syd Barker.

Stats Insider has his '24 season as 21st in the AFL. WheelO has him at #18 currently for his career, and he averaged 110ppg for SuperCoach.

He's gonna get paid.

Turning 26 in June next year, if I was in his shoes I'd be looking for at least 6 years on this deal.

Harry set the standard extending to 2030, on what we're led to believe is significantly less than he could/should be earning for most of those years, and my gut feel on LDU is he'll be on far less than what would be offered elsewhere and miles away from causing the club any real cap issues going forward.

While it would be great for him to take unders, I'm not going to blame him if he did try to maximise his contract and value (these are the prime earning years of his entire life and AFAIK there are ZERO mitigating factors, unlike, for example, BBB's contract standoff in the COVID year). Plus if he's happy with it being front-ended as much as they are allowed to, then we probably won't even notice it lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's definitely done the right thing waiting for the completed year to negotiate.

He played 23/24 games, got through uninjured, carried the midfield, and won his first Syd Barker.

Stats Insider has his '24 season as 21st in the AFL. WheelO has him at #18 currently for his career, and he averaged 110ppg for SuperCoach.

He's gonna get paid.

Turning 26 in June next year, if I was in his shoes I'd be looking for at least 6 years on this deal.

Harry set the standard extending to 2030, on what we're led to believe is significantly less than he could/should be earning for most of those years, and my gut feel on LDU is he'll be on far less than what would be offered elsewhere and miles away from causing the club any real cap issues going forward.
Yep and this one goes out to all the posters on here that reckon our medical staff are no good. First time he has played 23 games in a season they must be doing something right.

They were throwing stuff at him last summer … he’s a Shinboner

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back