Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

As suspected, the premature fist pumping by everyone after that interview was way too premature.

Won’t believe the recommitment until he actually puts his signature to his words.

Fair enough but it was a bit of a nothing update. He kind of threw in the “ldu might want to see how the Roos start the year” as a throw away line at the end. And north wanting to extend him into the 2030’s? No shit. He’s looking for a contact from 2026 onwards. All contracts offered will be into the 2030’s.

You forgot the other scenario.

Recruit Houston, still suck, still lose LDU and watch the kid we traded for the soon to be 29 year old tearing it up.
Your unhinged contempt for everything about our club and everyone involved with it is now just plain ****in boring

Fair enough. If we do suck again next year, we could still have a top 5 pick even if we do trade out our future first this year.

So, get Houston and actually climb the ladder and keep LDU? Or no Houston, finish bottom 4, lose LDU, draft 2 skinny 18 year olds, get 60 games into them AND THEN challenge for the top 8 in 2029?
It's what you get when you choose to bottom out. It's fkd what we have done to our mid/late 20 year olds.

Who wants to do the hard yards for a tanking team, only to be replaced when the wins start coming?

We shat on our future in 2018/9 and I have no problem with guys considering their options.

I think he stays, he’s done the hard years, would be silly to leave now

Also think he’d want to get it done asap so it’s not a distraction all year
I'm the opposite. I don't think we improve enough next year for him to want to stay.
He'll have 17 other clubs after him, most with better chances at a flag tilt, in the prime of his career.

Not much love for our sbm...

Where are all the posters that were flat out potting him throughout the season?

The crow has been served, but nobody wants to eat...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe people dont like eating crow? i cant really comment because i have never tried it.popular in south australia i hear?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot the other scenario.

Recruit Houston, still suck, still lose LDU and watch the kid we traded for the soon to be 29 year old tearing it up.

Is that tearing it up as in:

playing brilliant and productive football

or:

Getting very emotional about his footy and life situation and turning on the waterworks?

Both are potential scenarios in 2025.

Personally I’d like to see this contract done asap. Our focus needs to be 100% on starting well and solidifying is as a genuine football team again. Any distraction is one too many. Until this is dine and dusted the media are going to run with it and if affects even 1% of LDU or any players focus its 1% too much.
If as he states he loves the club and wants to stay, tell the parastic managers to get it done and cut the bullshit

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; '24 SBM - congrats LDU

Remove this Banner Ad

Back