Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

He is 100% worth that for us, but I'm worried the club might not see it the same way
Some of the more well-known negotiations during the Rawling era have been quite odd - demanding someone say they want to stay before offering a contract, or outright refusing to speak to a player's management, etc don't give me great hope that this one will be handled well.

We should be putting a heavily front loaded 7 year deal in front of Luke worth about $9 million. That would make him 32 at the end of the contract.

I've been really impressed by his efforts since the contract stuff started, get the sense he's really bought in.

Some of the more well-known negotiations during the Rawling era have been quite odd - demanding someone say they want to stay before offering a contract, or outright refusing to speak to a player's management, etc don't give me great hope that this one will be handled well.

LOL when did this happen

I've been really impressed by his efforts since the contract stuff started, get the sense he's really bought in.
His efforts have been well below that of previous seasons unfortunatley. Watching him closely shows he loses interest, doesn't seems to like the way the play is happening in the midfield. If he doesn't get the ball from Xerri tapping it to him his head goes back "its happened on more that 1 occassion" as if to say "whats the point" . He's doing a lot of standing around watching, no running to position, not chasing and and not going in for the ball when he has the opportunity to. No longer do l feel we are getting the 100% effort from him that we are use to seeing and maybe around 70%. l hope he stays but l dont see it happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back